Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chris Mortenson said on The Herd earlier today that Saban talked on the phone with Mal Moore instead of meeting face to face. Mort went on to speculate that this may be so he could continue to say he hadnt "met" with anyone from Alabama, even maybe for legal reasons.

:fire:
What a shady cat

how can u call him shady based upon unsubstantiated speculation?!

why don't u call saban a man for respectfully declining the offer over the phone?

seems like this campaign to tarnish Saban's character is finally showing that it has no validity whatsoever!

Bama ups offer?

dont know if posted yet, but fox sports put up article 30 minutes ago stating they upped offer? does not really say is if it is offer from yesterday or last month ?? article is confusing.. heres the link

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6326300

just end this crap already!!!!!!!!!

We have been hearing this curious phrase not usually associated with the hiring of a football coach. THEY WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. That sounds like somebody who has recieved a NO and regardless are coming down to try to convince Saban in person. Them coming down to Miami gives no further weight that they have had an affirmative response from Saban other than he would meet with them if they made the effort to see me, as I have said, out of courtesy.
I have no beef with Saban if he wants to flirt with Alabama and enjoys being 'wooed', who doesn't!
He will sit there in front of them and repeat NO!

That's because they haven't been told no! How is, Saban meeting with UA lastnight, Telling them NO???
Like I said, you can't blame 'Bama....they are going on what they have been told, Which is that Saban, is in fact, interested in the job!

Its been reported by ESPN, AP, FOX and whoever that Saban didn't show up for work at 7:30 this morning so that he could chat with his wife. Obviously he didn't decline or he would be doing something more constructive with his time.

how can u call him shady based upon unsubstantiated speculation?!

why don't u call saban a man for respectfully declining the offer over the phone?

seems like this campaign to tarnish Saban's character is finally showing that it has no validity whatsoever!

Wayne should just fire him, and get this over with. There's no way Saban can come back, even if he wanted to. He's no longer someone Wayne / the fans should want coaching this team. He's proving to be nothing more than a fraud in the NFL, and we'll be better off without him....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

"That's a hard decision for him to make, for him or anybody else," Dolphins cornerback Eddie Jackson said Tuesday morning while leaving team headquarters in Davie. "We're just going to wait and see what's going to happen. It's definitely about his family and what's best for him and down the road what's going to be best for him.

"Sometimes, you've just got to understand that it's a business."

First of all, trainwreck, CNS hasn't lied to anyone when he stated that "he would not be the next Alabama coach." He wasn't the NEXT Alabama coach because Joe Kines was when he served as interim head coach for Alabama during the Independence Bowl.

Second, even if CJK had not served as interim HC, CNS's statement would still be truthful because he will "not be the next Alabama coach" but instead "the next Alabama HEAD coach."

CNS has chosen his words very carefully and has not lied at all with the remarks he has made.

Also, at the time CNS said he had not talked with anyone from Alabama, he really hadn't. All communication at the time had been handled through his agent, Jimmy Sexton.

Coach Nick Saban has lied to no one in regards to the Alabama situation.
That is an absolutely horrible take. "No honey, I never lied about cheating on you! See, you said I slept with her at the Twilight Hotel... it wasn't the Twilight Hotel, it was the Highnight Motel!"

That's because they haven't been told no! How is, Saban meeting with UA lastnight, Telling them NO???
Like I said, you can't blame 'Bama....they are going on what they have been told, Which is that Saban, is in fact, interested in the job!

LIES LIES LIES...YOU ARE JUST FLAT OUT LYING AT THIS POINT.

Saban never met face to face with anybody from UA.

Do you ahve any statements from Saban saying he is interested??? Because the only thing that I can say is pure fact is that Saban said "I will not coach alabama"

anything else is 100% propaganda

If he fires him, then he has to pay him the rest of the contract. I don't know if he still collects if he coaches in college or not. Mr. H didn't make those billions being stupid, I am sure he will let ole Nick hang himself with this if he decides to leave.

I want to say this BEFORE he leaves so if I say it afterwards, I won't be accused of bashing him out of anger.

1) (FACT) He is a micro-manager who thinks he is capable of handling more tasks than any human possibly can. He lacks trust in anyone else and wants people around him that he feels he can control. Obviously, I can not substantiate it this second statement. But it's the impression I get. )
You indicate that it is fact that he is a micro manger but don't give any proof. I don';t understand what you are trying to point out here. Even if he is a micromanager, he wouldn't be the first NFL HC who has been called one.

2) (Something I find very annoying): He talks in so many circles that it makes him look bad. I hate how he handles the media. It's ridiculous to be so evasive about as many questions as he is. It's senseless chatter and accomplishes nothing.
I appreciate how Saban has handled the media, especially the local media. I have never been impressed with those that cover the Dolphins, with the possible exception of J Cole, who no longer does. There are far too many loud mouth, rumour mongering , self promoting media type in South florida.

3) I think he comes off as condescending and the players probably hate it. His use of psychology on grown men just doesn't cut it.
That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it but I have never found Saban to be condescending. Quite the the opposite. He appears genuine, to the point, and very earnest in his attempts to better the football team.
I'm not sure what you are referring to by his use of "psycology on grown men". really, this is just an empty statement bankrupt of any kind of analysis.

4) Publicly coddling the players is not how you motivate. I could care less if they are veterans or not. You can't make it sound ok to be mediocre. I realize that the players are probably critiqued behind closed doors. But sometimes, ala Parcells, you have to call them out publicly - pull on the ego and pride - to get the best out of the players. It doesn't matter if they like you. Do what it takes to win. I would rather a player HATE me and respect me than like me.
I would rather a player listen to what is asked of them during meetings, practices and games. Why do they need to read a newspaper to find out what their coach wants? It seems rather bush-league for coaches to throw players under the bus.

SCall13;10616415945) He is not a GM. Protect his draft picks all you want (particularly this year) said:
I find it hard to have a comprehensive evaluation of a draft after one season. His first draft, which we now have the benefit of seeing twwo full seasons worth of play is looking pretty darn good.
Where have his free agent choices been lacking? He has brought in some tremendous talent through FA, and perhaps just as important, he has not brought in over-priced and underperforming players.

SCall13;10616415945) 6) He seems afraid to make changes on the squad when it's obvious that there are upgrades ON the roster. [/quote said:
when has he been afraid to make changes? Can you please give a specific example? If you are referring to Bell or Allen, I think there are several arguments as to why Saban made those decisions. Besides, he's not superman. Sometimes coaches make mistakes, but that doesn't mean they are terrible.

SCall13;10616415945)OK said:
I don't think preparation was a problem this year. Iw ould say execution by players was the more significant reason for our team's record this year. Having our starting QB not fully rehabbed also had something to do with it. Preparation, in my opinion, was one of the strong points of the season.

Since you are such a conspiracy theorist, how come Saban can't be the one pulling the wool over everyone's eyes? Why is it automatically the media that wants to ruin his rep?

And how do you know what Saban has done in the last 24 hours? Have you sent out your secret spies? :cooldude:

LIES LIES LIES...YOU ARE JUST FLAT OUT LYING AT THIS POINT.

Saban never met face to face with anybody from UA.

Do you ahve any statements from Saban saying he is interested??? Because the only thing that I can say is pure fact is that Saban said "I will not coach alabama"

anything else is 100% propaganda

Back
Top Bottom