Safety Patrick McMorris | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Safety Patrick McMorris

We have had a habit of taking safeties from the West Coast.

I've no idea why, but I've noticed the trend.
Pac-12 teams like to throw the ball and are very good at it. Lots of great QBs, Pass catchers, and pass blockers come from the Pac-12 every year. Naturally Pac-12 Teams have to have good pass rushers and pass defenders to control their high flying opponents.

Justin Herbert will now be facing off with his Oregon successor Bo Nix twice a year. We also have a new USC WR/KR, 7th rounder Tahj Washington. It's good to know that Miami has scouts working out here.

For a long time, the Pac-12 has struggled to get national attention for their teams and players, because their games were on too late for east coast fans and AP voters. That might change next year with the conference realignment.

Another nobody. I suppose maybe he sticks on special teams but even that may be expecting too much. 6th rounder so nothing to lose.

Who are the other nobodies we selected?

Every other day 3 picked was consistently ranked higher than we got them. And well known prospects at that.

I had no idea who this guy was before we picked him, but it’s the 6th round….. if they see potential, then take a stab. Why not. If you can find a special teams contributor at pick 198 then that’s a success.

Pac-12 teams like to throw the ball and are very good at it. Lots of great QBs, Pass catchers, and pass blockers come from the Pac-12 every year. Naturally Pac-12 Teams have to have good pass rushers and pass defenders to control their high flying opponents.

Justin Herbert will now be facing off with his Oregon successor Bo Nix twice a year. We also have a new USC WR/KR, 7th rounder Tahj Washington. It's good to know that Miami has scouts working out here.

For a long time, the Pac-12 has struggled to get national attention for their teams and players, because their games were on too late for east coast fans and AP voters. That might change next year with the conference realignment.
We used to find a lot of sleeper type talent out here when Adam Engroff was the area scout and based in Boise. He slowly worked his way up and is now Co-Director of Player Personnel along with Anthony Hunt.

Its good to know there is another who feels the time issue is part of what hosed the P12.

There were times it was a challenge to stay up until midnight (local) for a game that started at 8p (local).

As for conference realignment, I am so looking fwd to the Ucla/Rutgers & Cal/Syracuse games. /s

My take on McMorris was that most scouts thought he was very good... AND very bad.

Whether this came from poor technique or a lack of football acumen, I couldn't say.

The fact that our scouts were super high on him seems to indicate they think his flaws are correctable.

I make no claims either way... he looks like boom/bust to me. I am reminded of last year where we drafted Elijah Higgins, but signed Hill to a UDFA contract... evidently figuring that one or the other would stick.

This year, we drafted McMorris, then outbid other suitors for Mark Perry. It looks the same.

My take on McMorris was that most scouts thought he was very good... AND very bad.

Whether this came from poor technique or a lack of football acumen, I couldn't say.

The fact that our scouts were super high on him seems to indicate they think his flaws are correctable.

I make no claims either way... he looks like boom/bust to me. I am reminded of last year where we drafted Elijah Higgins, but signed Hill to a UDFA contract... evidently figuring that one or the other would stick.

This year, we drafted McMorris, then outbid other suitors for Mark Perry. It looks the same.

Doubling down isn't a bad strategy.

We weren't necessarily wrong on Elijah Higgins, we just didn't have room for him and the Cardinals did.

Back
Top Bottom