SAGE not ready????!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAGE not ready????!!

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
:shakeno: "S. Rosenfels looks like his usual 3rd string self. He plays well, and has a nice arm, but he's always being matched-up against the 3rd string defense. Maybe that's why he looks more comfortable, and has solid results at times. I still don't think he's nearly ready to be given a chance to battle for the #1 spot..."

First of all...Thank you for your TC report...As always, it's great to read what happened in practice. However...how would AJ Feeley(3rdYear) be ready to come in and compete for the #1spot while Sage (3rd year) who has been in this system for 3 years is not 'nearly ready" to try and compete?? WHy wouldn't they at least try him out with the real D and see how he does?:confused:

Well I'm guessing the coaching staff knows something we don't. From what I've heard it has nothing to do with Sage's physical attributes (he has the best arm out of all our QB's) but rather his head. He supposedly is not very good at reading defenses. Now this is just heresay, not a proven fact. So take it with a grain of salt. I personally haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement, so perhaps there's someone here who has and can give us some info?

I've been watching Sage since day one when he came to Miami. He's got a strong arm, and has good size, but he's clearly back-up material from what I've seen during "real playing time". He's not the most accurate passer, and his lack of starting experience shows under pressure. He's too inconsistant...

He could emerge in a year or two, but right now, he's not ready to run this offense IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:

If only they'd let him start one of those preason games...They don't mean anything anyways! Just let him get a quarter..The 1st quarter.

BringBackShula said:
If only they'd let him start one of those preason games...They don't mean anything anyways! Just let him get a quarter..The 1st quarter.

Sage needs alot more than one pre-season game. He'll be a very servicable 3rd stringer if we need him, but right now he's still just a kid, and still needs plenty of grooming IMO...

Everyone complains that Dave doesn't give Sage a chance to start. On a certain level that's true, but there is good reason behind it. Sage is like any young QB in the NFL, he needs grooming, teaching, and eventually some starting experience. Right now he's on the fence somewhere in-between...

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

I don't know about Sage. All the physical attributes in the world wont help unless you have a good head on your shoulders that enables you to use to wonderful attributes. If Sage can't read defenses well or what not, then he will forever sit on the bench. In the NFL, a qb can't just have a great arm, but they have to be able read defenses and audible, move an offense down the field, and most of all, be the leader on offense. So in my mind, if you are a talented qb with smarts and a good head, then you are a Payton Manning type qb, but if you are only talented physically, then in my eyes you are nothing more than a Jeff George, or in a worst case scenario, Ryan Leaf. Leaf had all the talent in the world but was a complete idiot.

It's my impression that Sage really struggles with the psychological aspect of the game. His bad plays seldom comes alone, and he is very hard on himself.

Yes I am sure there is a well founded reason for not starting Sage.Actually I thought Daves support of Sage at the beggining of mini-camp was rather condescending and pretty much explains his position.He said something to the effect that "Sage was the best QB out there" but it sounded more like a criticism of AJ and Jay than an endorsement of Sage.Sort of like when you say to someone "Hell my 10 yr old kid can do it better than you" type of thing.

Um, he better hope he doesn't play much on the last preseason game. I got a feeling Mel Mitchel is going to be looking for him and begging Haslett to call a safety blitz.

Back
Top Bottom