Sage Rosenfels | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage Rosenfels

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
From FOx/SPorting News Dolphins Story:
"QB Sage Rosenfels had an impressive offseason but won't be part of the battle for the starting job. Rosenfels has the best arm of the team's three quarterbacks but lacks experience. He might need to go elsewhere after the season for a better chance to play. "

My question, if his arm is that good and just needs more experience, why the hell didn't we send Sage to NFL Europe. Certainly would've been more productive than Clint "no chance" Stoener, who couldn't make an attempt to pass up the Cowboys QB's.

I read on our site that he took batting practice with the Marlins and hit a homerun. Change of profession? :cooldude:

Ohio Fanatic said:
From FOx/SPorting News Dolphins Story:
"QB Sage Rosenfels had an impressive offseason but won't be part of the battle for the starting job. Rosenfels has the best arm of the team's three quarterbacks but lacks experience. He might need to go elsewhere after the season for a better chance to play. "

My question, if his arm is that good and just needs more experience, why the hell didn't we send Sage to NFL Europe. Certainly would've been more productive than Clint "no chance" Stoener, who couldn't make an attempt to pass up the Cowboys QB's.

I am not one of those guys who constantly are pulling for sage, but I could not agree more. I cant see any reason not to send him. The only thing I can think of is if we are limited by how many we send. The cost does not go agianst the cap. I cant see any liability in sending him. We sent roundtree (whom I think may be quite good) when we are soooo deep at the cb position and not Sage? :confused:

He wasn't sent because

RS thought it would be in his best interest to get as much work with new QB coach Marc Trestman as possible. There was a article in the herald or sun-sentianl about it back in late february or march. They figured by sending him away he would be far more behind with everything than if he just stayed and worked with the playbook and MT.

Good question. I would tend to think that the experience would only help him out... I've always liked the kid, and wished I could see more of what he's got....

rhadaddy said:
RS thought it would be in his best interest to get as much work with new QB coach Marc Trestman as possible. There was a article in the herald or sun-sentianl about it back in late february or march. They figured by sending him away he would be far more behind with everything than if he just stayed and worked with the playbook and MT.

That makes sense... hopefully he'll get more practical experience than in the past also.

Ha, His QB rating is 131.9 from that titans game.

Miami is one of the teams that doesn't really take NFLE all the serious. We just fill our required number of players we have to send, and thats about it.

WharfRat said:
Good question. I would tend to think that the experience would only help him out... I've always liked the kid, and wished I could see more of what he's got....
As and ISU fan here in Iowa, I can tell you he was an awesome QB here for the Cyclones, but ISU's football program was way worse then then what it is now....and thats not saying much.:shakeno: Therefor he didn't get much national exposure, or recognition.

A player must agree to be sent to Europe. If I were Sage's agent I wouldn't be too keen on the idea of him going over there and risking injury. Neither would the Dolphins.

Brett Tessler said:
A player must agree to be sent to Europe. If I were Sage's agent I wouldn't be too keen on the idea of him going over there and risking injury. Neither would the Dolphins.

True, but if wants to play he would go, becuase that is the only way he is going to get to show his stuff in a game that counts.

Back
Top Bottom