Sage Rosenfels? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sage Rosenfels?

craig

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is sage really that bad? Why isnt he getting a shot in a game to see if he shines! some people are different from practice to the game..

then why is he still on the roster, if he sucks that bad.

Jesus guys...this is a pipe dream. Every other day someone comes on and says "hey sage hasn't done jack in TC but i think he should get a shot". He sucks people. If he didn't he'd play.

my point! why in the hell do we still have him, if he cant do ****???? i think we should find someone else for the third spot..

Is it better to have someone good but immature (SAGE) or someone who is not good but mature (Fiedler)?

Drfletcherdc said:
Is it better to have someone good but immature (SAGE) or someone who is not good but mature (Fiedler)?
His maturity level may have a GREAT effect on his game management.

Most adults actions are dictated by I over E....intellect over emotion....immature people's actions are usually dictated by E over I.

The bad thing about operating this way, especially for a QB, is that mistakes can compound due to anger or desperation. It is very important that a QB be able to forget about a mistake and move on without it effecting his play. Sage is probably weak in this department.

Nevermind the fact that immature people tend to blame others for their mistakes or can be loose cannons with the press.

He is that bad but if you dont believe just be patient you will see enough of him in preseason that you will never make a similar post again

Dolfan73 said:
Jesus guys...this is a pipe dream. Every other day someone comes on and says "hey sage hasn't done jack in TC but i think he should get a shot". He sucks people. If he didn't he'd play.
But would he really play if he didn't suck?

Wannstedt has a pretty black & white track record of going with experience over talent - case in point, the final game in '03 against the Jets - season over, no playoffs possible, nothing to gain, and he plays Ricky, Jay, and that entire god-awful offensive line, instead of letting some of the younger guys have a chance to get game-time experience.

Makes me wonder...mainly it makes me think that when Rosemfels leaves after this season, he might end up doing well with another team - like so many of the guys W has let go in his tenure. Aside from his pathetic drafts, that's the one thing that galls me most about W, the talent he has given away to the competition.

Yeah I hear you but I have to think that if Sage had it he would start! DW has everything to lose not to put the guy out there that gives the team the best shot to win!

NaboCane said:
But would he really play if he didn't suck?

Wannstedt has a pretty black & white track record of going with experience over talent - case in point, the final game in '03 against the Jets - season over, no playoffs possible, nothing to gain, and he plays Ricky, Jay, and that entire god-awful offensive line, instead of letting some of the younger guys have a chance to get game-time experience.

Makes me wonder...mainly it makes me think that when Rosemfels leaves after this season, he might end up doing well with another team - like so many of the guys W has let go in his tenure. Aside from his pathetic drafts, that's the one thing that galls me most about W, the talent he has given away to the competition.
I'm trying to think of ANY players that have left here and gone on to do ANYTHING with another team?? :huh:

Do you have an example of a player who was let go and went on to be a star somewhere else?

inFINSible said:
I'm trying to think of ANY players that have left here and gone on to do ANYTHING with another team?? :huh:

Do you have an example of a player who was let go and went on to be a star somewhere else?

Dan Marino, Inside The NFL? :D

Man, when you made that statement, it really made me think, and I can't think of a single player.

Dolphanaholic said:
Yeah I hear you but I have to think that if Sage had it he would start! DW has everything to lose not to put the guy out there that gives the team the best shot to win!

Or Dave is so concerned with winning he wouldn't take a chance to find out that Sage may actually be pretty good?

No way it's a win situation for DW if Sage comes in and saves the day he's a genius for recognizing his talent and he saves his job! Im not a DW fan by any means but he's not an idiot. Oh yeah I know two former Dolphins that have kicked a@# on other teams. Mike Quinn and Damon Huard lets not forget Ray Lucas oh yeah he's not playing. Mike Quinn did actually do pretty well the other night for the Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom