Salary Cap Mess | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap Mess

PMZQ

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Here's a screen cap of a graphic of teams with salary cap messes & also some under the cap. No Dolphins -- I thought we were supposed to clear like $ 25 million in cap space for FA's and rookies, what happened ?

clear.gif

we havent cut the bad contracts yet and we havent garaunteed/extended taylor, and thomas yet, but we will end up somewhere near 20 million. also espn insider has a good article who will like be cut and if the fins cut those players we would be really good cap wise.

We havent made our cuts yet. It will be different when Jones, Gus, Madison, Bowens, etc are gone.

Not 25 million, but around 17 I think.

We havent released anyone yet...coming soon....but once the cuts occur, or the restructures occur we will sit somewhere between $13 to $16 under. Could be as much as the low $20's under.

We got to cut the players first. That should start to happen sometime next week.

Yea, I saw that too yesterday and I didn't know why the Fins were absent from that list.

how did denver even think they could afford Ricky with being over that much?

scenaria said:

Because Ricky's contract for the next two years is for the league minimum.

isnt that just the case with us? if he were traded he could negotiate a better contract.. assuming the phins were compensated for Rickys debt.. no?

i cant believe the jets are the only one of those over teams thats cutting a lot of people the raiders only released woodson... i dont see how those teams could possible make it what happens if ur not at or under by march 3rd

scenaria said:
Apparently they've done a lot of restructures since then, that would help a little.

Just looked at our salary cap situation. I agree, after cuts and a couple restructures, we will be $ 15 to $20 Million under. Enough to land a couple of top FA's. Brees 1st and foremost. But without a CBA it makes Free Agency a little harder.

We will be OK.
I never realized how great the Cards situation is capwise. They should make a big run at Edge/Alexander/Jamal Lewis. If they play this right they might become something big. They have a bunch of young offensive talent.

Back
Top Bottom