Schad: Halfway Through Mini-Camps | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Halfway Through Mini-Camps

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/

some nice tidbits:
  • Greg Jerman is bulked up and seems ready to go at right guard
  • Wide receivers coach Jerry Sullivan said Kendall Newson has impressed even more than Sam Simmons, J.R. Tolver or Minnis thus far
  • Donald Lee is in outstanding shape. Randy McMichael is not yet in outstanding shape.
  • Tony Bua is nuts. But in a good way.

man that tony bua is sounding better by the day, is he gonna be zach's backup or sam knight's backup or what

Juice_56 said:
man that tony bua is sounding better by the day, is he gonna be zach's backup or sam knight's backup or what
I do not care if he never practices with the D in 2004 as long as he kickz arz on STs

Remember this: Yeremiah Bell is a sleeper to start at a safety position. Coach Mel Phillips said today that Bell has the quickest first four steps of any defensive back he's EVER coached. That says a lot since Phillips has been doing this for 20 years.

:eek:

Remember, former CB w/ a late 1st, early 2nd round grade tears up his knee, now playing safety.

More goodness......

Tony Bua went nuts after missing an assignment, screaming, yelling at cursing at himself.
This guy cares. That is obvious.
Then after practice he worked with Keith Armstrong on special teams.

And badness.....

No, Marc Trestman is not thrilled about things right now.
He recently referred numerous questions to offensive coordinator Chris Foerster.

Why do I have a feeling Trestman will bail out of here after this season? I hope that feeling's wrong. Good to hear about Bua and Bell...if Bell can somehow make the starting lineup then that will bring nice speed to the safety position.

Some advice for Trestman... Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way.

I believe I read somewhere that Greenwood was going to be Zach's backup in case of injury. I imagine that is to keep Seau where he is at and get Moore on the field. Bua and Jenkins are most likely special teams guys. However, both seem like they are willing and able to go all out on that squad which is a good thing.

Man... right guard still troubles me. This report says Greg Jerman is ready or whatever... but Jerman's upside has only appeared to be that of an adequate back-up. He seems like he'd be the most marginal or mediocre of possible starters.

If you told me before the OL shake-up that we might end up heading into the season with Jerman at RG, I'd be seriously troubled. And that still stands.

P4E said:
Man... right guard still troubles me. This report says Greg Jerman is ready or whatever... but Jerman's upside has only appeared to be that of an adequate back-up. He seems like he'd be the most marginal or mediocre of possible starters.

If you told me before the OL shake-up that we might end up heading into the season with Jerman at RG, I'd be seriously troubled. And that still stands.
Jerman was heading for mediocrity at T, the switch to guard is something that happened just last year.

The one game that he started at guard last season, we averaged over 4 yards a rush. Take it for what it's worth...:dunno:

inFINSible said:
Jerman was heading for mediocrity at T, the switch to guard is something that happened just last year.

The one game that he started at guard last season, we averaged over 4 yards a rush. Take it for what it's worth...:dunno:
A tackle moved inside seems to fare better than the other way around. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but it's not like Jerman was seriously bidding to displace Todd Perry at RG last year, and Perry's been deemed not up to the task.

Kinda sounds like Taylor Whitely's fallen off the map. Have we heard from him lately?

P4E said:
A tackle moved inside seems to fare better than the other way around. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but it's not like Jerman was seriously bidding to displace Todd Perry at RG last year, and Perry's been deemed not up to the task.

Kinda sounds like Taylor Whitely's fallen off the map. Have we heard from him lately?
That's what I'm thinking. If he had good enough feet to even be considered at tackle he should be pretty nimble for a guard. AFAIK all he would need is to add some bulk to play inside and that's what that first bullet point is all about...*fingers crossed* :D

Back
Top Bottom