Scott, Wright, 1st round caliber prospects dance into day two.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scott, Wright, 1st round caliber prospects dance into day two..

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you know, thanks to my over 300 posts in this forum today (most regarding Scott and Wright), I am high on both Jon Scott and Rodrique Wright.

Although pleased with Hagan, I really wanted Scott in the 3rd. This guy is 6-6 320, athletic and strong. His only real knock is his aggressiveness, which can be coached under Houck. The signing of Pearson, with the signing of Shelton, retaining of Alabi, McIntosh, really doesn't make OT a need, but I have a strong feeling that Scott is a franchise tackle of the future.

Rodrique Wright was a 1st round lock on many peoples boards in the pre-season, and had a good regular season. How has he fallen so far? Poor workouts? This guy was one of the leaders of the National Championship Longhorns. He's a big DT prospect. He could really wreak havoc in the future.

I just hope that we can take one of these guys. They are both big value picks and to fall to day two is a steal for either. C'mon crew, draft one of these damn guys!!

i really hope we get more picks...i figure if we trade our 4th next year for a 4th this year and one of our 7ths this year....we can get an extra 4th....THEN when we get Ricky back, we can trade him to some team to get back our 4th next year. this leaves the spot open for us to draft:

Max Jean Gilles

Rodrigue Wright

Orien Harris and Gabe Watson are on most people's boards as BETTER...but Rodrigue is also good. all i know is, i want Max!!

Watson is one guy left that I would be very happy with over Wright or Scott. He's a monster and I've liked him all along.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
How can you pass up on guys like jean max giles rod wright gabe watson jon scott simpson to draft an average wr?:rolleyes2
Because he's a high paid head coach who knows more about football and his team than we do!!!

HysterikiLL said:
I'm sure most of you know, thanks to my over 300 posts in this forum today (most regarding Scott and Wright), I am high on both Jon Scott and Rodrique Wright.

Although pleased with Hagan, I really wanted Scott in the 3rd. This guy is 6-6 320, athletic and strong. His only real knock is his aggressiveness, which can be coached under Houck. The signing of Pearson, with the signing of Shelton, retaining of Alabi, McIntosh, really doesn't make OT a need, but I have a strong feeling that Scott is a franchise tackle of the future.

Rodrique Wright was a 1st round lock on many peoples boards in the pre-season, and had a good regular season. How has he fallen so far? Poor workouts? This guy was one of the leaders of the National Championship Longhorns. He's a big DT prospect. He could really wreak havoc in the future.

I just hope that we can take one of these guys. They are both big value picks and to fall to day two is a steal for either. C'mon crew, draft one of these damn guys!!

Maybe we can pick one of those two tomorrow:evil:

MiamiDolphins34 said:
How can you pass up on guys like jean max giles rod wright gabe watson jon scott simpson to draft an average wr?:rolleyes2

Clearly, Saban dosen't think he's avg.

HysterikiLL said:
:yes: That's definitely the plan!

That would be nice but , the break from day 1 to day 2 gives teams a chance to reprioritize.

I've noticed with past drafts that any prospects who have fallen into day 2 that shouldn't have are the first ones off the board since teams had a chance to reorganize themselves.

I think it'll take some impressive luck to get either one at this point.

the good thing about Wright is that he could be a poor-man's Richard Seymour in our scheme

Derek Hagan is not an average wide reciever so he dropped some balls in the offseason he is a gamer and comes from a pro style offense and he leads the pac 10 in catches, no one can convince me that he was a worse pick than any other wide reciever left on the board.

I wonder if Rod Wright was hurt by his performance in the Rose Bowl? He, along with the rest of the D line, really got schooled by USC in the 2nd half, with of course, one major exception.

Just a thought.

TexPhinPhan said:
I wonder if Rod Wright was hurt by his performance in the Rose Bowl? He, along with the rest of the D line, really got schooled by USC in the 2nd half, with of course, one major exception.

Just a thought.

That's possible, but IMO wouldn't justify such a huge slide. I think the demand for DT's in general is not that high in the mid-rounds this year.

With our 4th round pick I'd like to see Scott or Nicholson taken. I really don't see DT as a pressing need. But if those are gone, a high rated DT would also be nice.

Back
Top Bottom