Screw O - Gun too | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Screw O - Gun too

He's holding out a little too long if it gets inot TC!

relax, the guy just wants to make sure there's a little $ in his pocket if he has a career ending injury, that's all. He wants too much IMO, but seeing the way the Dolphins did Jamie Nails last year, can you really blame him?

777 said:
He's as bad as Ricky. He doesn't want to play either. I say get rid of his *** too.
Why would we do that, to make it harder for us. The guy is just tryin to get a contract banged out. He at least wants to play. the bottom line is we need to sign him and CC to new contracts.

As of right now, July 27, 2004 at 4pm EST neither Ogun or Ricky has done anything wrong. Ans as of right now I want both on my team.
However, the second either one of them misses any of TC because of their holdout/retirement that is when I will say get lost to both.
That is when they will have let down the fans, the organization and most importantly their teammates.
That is when these acts actually become selfish. As of right now, it is just a bunch of smoke-blowing and posturing to get what they want and feel they deserve. What ever that may be.
That means they have 3 days to pull their heads out of the A$$ES and get to Camp.

Didn't Bowens miss a few days of mini-camp too? Guys not a team player, I say can him.

saves said:
Didn't Bowens miss a few days of mini-camp too? Guys not a team player, I say can him.

I think you know what I mean..........Missing one or two or three day of TC is one thing, but missing all of TC and the first 10 games of the season and/or retiring out of the blue are completely different.

go_fins said:
relax, the guy just wants to make sure there's a little $ in his pocket if he has a career ending injury, that's all. He wants too much IMO, but seeing the way the Dolphins did Jamie Nails last year, can you really blame him?

You mean the Jamie Nails that ate his way out of the NFL before the Dolphins picked him up off the scrap heap? That Jamie Nails?? The one that the Dolphins took a chance on and got 3/4 of a good season return on their investment??

The one who's achiles injury reduced him to a liability on the O-line????

The same Jamie Nails who was even MORE responsible for Wicky getting his "head taken off" (he sure did) than Seth McKinney was???

If we are talking about the same person, you're right, they never should have given him a chance to resurrect his career and they shouldn't have made him have a career threatening injury and they damn sure should have kept paying him even though he couldn't physically perform.

All the good teams do that.

saves said:

I think you know what I mean..........Missing one or two or three day of TC is one thing, but missing all of TC and the first 10 games of the season and/or retiring out of the blue are completely different.
My point was as mad as we are at Ricky and/or Ogun, if they are at all or most of camp, all of this stuff that has gone really means nothing.

inFINSible said:
You mean the Jamie Nails that ate his way out of the NFL before the Dolphins picked him up off the scrap heap? That Jamie Nails?? The one that the Dolphins took a chance on and got 3/4 of a good season return on their investment??

The one who's achiles injury reduced him to a liability on the O-line????

The same Jamie Nails who was even MORE responsible for Wicky getting his "head taken off" (he sure did) than Seth McKinney was???

If we are talking about the same person, you're right, they never should have given him a chance to resurrect his career and they shouldn't have made him have a career threatening injury and they damn sure should have kept paying him even though he couldn't physically perform.

All the good teams do that.

I remember he had a great year in 2002 until the injury, then they asked him to come back early from that injury, plus two scoped knees, and then when he couldn't perform during the 2003 season, the Dolphins threw him away like a used condom, yes that one. It's part of the bussines, but I can see why Wale wants to have $10 Mill in the bank via signing bonus just in case he tears up a knee and he's not the same man.

go_fins said:
I remember he had a great year in 2002 until the injury, then they asked him to come back early from that injury, plus two scoped knees, and then when he couldn't perform during the 2003 season, the Dolphins threw him away like a used condom, yes that one. It's part of the bussines, but I can see why Wale wants to have $10 Mill in the bank via signing bonus just in case he tears up a knee and he's not the same man.
Yeah, I guess 8 million in the bank wouldn't be enough. You're right.

Back
Top Bottom