Second Round Targets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

At 39, I’m taking Swift, Dobbins or Taylor. Then at 56 best available OL.

I saw this over and over again with Davis. He leaves a lot of plays on the field. I wanted to like him more, because he does a good job of being in position to cover, and he's an excellent blitzer, but if he doesn't clean this up, he's going to give up a lot of big plays.

Yup. Winfield should be top target. Not only is he the best player, but he adds so much leadership.

As I've got you here, I see no McKinney on your list. How come? Reminded me of a poor mans Simmons.

I like Swift but def line is needed

FWIW, PFF chimes in:
12. CB KRISTIAN FULTON, LSU

The tape isn't without some flaws, but you don't dominate SEC competition the way Fulton has over the past two years without some serious talent. He's plug-and-play in any scheme in the NFL.

14. T JOSH JONES, HOUSTON

Jones’ dominant senior season has pushed him all the way into the day 1 conversation. He's got the tools and performance to be a starting NFL tackle for a long time.

Full: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-ranking-the-100-best-available-2020-nfl-draft-prospects

One name that stands out to me is Cameron Dantzler at #50. He's absolutely a favorite of mine. I think his tape is excellent. Just hard to know how far that 40 drops him. I'm glad someone else likes him.

Last edited:
Yup. Winfield should be top target. Not only is he the best player, but he adds so much leadership.

As I've got you here, I see no McKinney on your list. How come? Reminded me of a poor mans Simmons.

Too slow to cover WR's, too small to cover TE's, not a ballhawk. Simmons weighs 40 lbs more and ran a 4.39 vs a 4.64 for McKinney.

Too slow to cover WR's, too small to cover TE's, not a ballhawk. Simmons weighs 40 lbs more and ran a 4.39 vs a 4.64 for McKinney.

McKinney plays fast I think. Thought he did a good job covering on tape as well. Agree on the turnover thing at least. He's best in the box.

I guess the poor mans Simmons thing comes from the number of different roles he had on Alabama's defense rather than from a HWS perspective.

The draft eh :lol:

i just wonder what compensation we got from green bay for trading down?

I’m super excited. The talent on the board is drool worthy.

I could see Cincy taking Denzel Mims at 33. Dude looks like TO. I am surprised Jefferson and Aiyuk went ahead of him. I am not usually a WR guy but I wouldn’t cry if we took him 39th.

Still need a Safety pretty badly. Not sure you can wait too much longer.

Two OTs, J. Jones and Cleveland could have their names called at 39.

Epenesa and Gross-Matos should go in the first couple picks tomorrow night.

Also keep the door open for a trade out. If someone wants to give us a 2021 first you gotta discuss it.
I'm glad you mentioned that. This is still a two year build. Have to consider 2021 if the offer is really good.

According to the Miami Herald, Miami has interest in OT Erza Cleveland from Boise State and the 2 OL's from UL Lafayette Dotson and Hunt. Hunt is a Mauling RT type. I recently read they absolutely love WR Denzel Mims from Baylor. And we all know about the RB's they've shown interest in. As well as Center Matt Hennessy. There are still a lot of options especially at #39.
Hunt makes a lot sense as he can play tackle or guard. I'm thinking pick 56.

Hunt makes a lot sense as he can play tackle or guard. I'm thinking pick 56.
I agree, Barry Jackson says, Miami had multiple virtual meetings with both Hunt and Dotson and that he thought Miami could take Hunt early. As for Mims, apparently Miami left the impression on the people at Baylor, they were extremely interested in Mims.

Find a way to get a 3rd second rounder by trading some of the 4-7 rounders. Need to come away with two more Cornfed. Could be C/G (Cushenberry/Hennessy/Biadasz) that could flip with Karras or a OT that can flip with Jesse Davis (Jones/Cleveland). If 2 3rd pick in rd 2 is landed, then maybe grab the RB, but I’d prefer to way until later and grab (Polite/Dillon/Dallas) to grab a S like Chinn.

OL could be: Jackson/Flowers/Cushenberry/Karras/Jones
DB: X/Jones/Ivy/Rowe/Chinn

Back
Top Bottom