Seeking dirt on the Mack/Kirby workouts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeking dirt on the Mack/Kirby workouts

UT-Phinz said:
I thought we were giving workouts to Stacey Mack and James Stewart. Who is this Kirby character?
terry kirby drafted by the dolphins in 1993 played with them until 96. injured a couple of years ago and cut before the start of the regular season last year by the raiders. spent last year out of football

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
terry kirby drafted by the dolphins in 1993 played with them until 96. injured a couple of years ago and cut before the start of the regular season last year by the raiders. spent last year out of football

I think I remember. My head is still spinning due to the extreme stress and pressure brought on by the events of the past 5 days.

Got injured doing kick return duties for the Raiders in '02?

DrAstroZoom said:
Any of our resident dishers have any?

I got a small tidbit....I heard it was like: "Boy that RW was pretty good huh?"

If the Vikings continue with their insistance on getting Ogun.......you might see one of these guys suit up.....

I would bet on Mack.

BTW, this is not from my source...it's from Jim Mandich.

If we get either of these guys we will no doubt have the worse set of RB's in the league.Minor is solid and will be a pleasent suprise while Henry is a Mystery but to add them will not strike fear into the Amsterdam Admirals.This will spell Wanny's ousting.Depleted depth everywhere. :fire: :fire: :fire:

musphinzfan said:
If we get either of these guys we will no doubt have the worse set of RB's in the league.Minor is solid and will be a pleasent suprise while Henry is a Mystery but to add them will not strike fear into the Amsterdam Admirals.This will spell Wanny's ousting.Depleted depth everywhere. :fire: :fire: :fire:

I assume this means you would prefer dealing Ogunleye for a current feature back?

Mack makes sense. They want a big short yardage back. I think Konrad can do it, but either way you need at least 1 more camp body. Mack was decent before his turf toe injury. Healthy, he is a decent option.

Numbers on Stacey Mack:

| Rushing | Receiving |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
| 1999 jax | 12 | 7 40 5.7 0 | 0 0 0.0 0 |
| 2000 jax | 6 | 54 145 2.7 1 | 0 0 0.0 0 |
| 2001 jax | 16 | 213 877 4.1 9 | 23 165 7.2 1 |
| 2002 jax | 16 | 98 436 4.4 9 | 11 79 7.2 0 |
| 2003 hou | 8 | 93 253 2.7 4 | 9 55 6.1 0 |
| TOTAL | 58 | 465 1751 3.8 23 | 43 299 7.0 1

Forget it. The Viks not going to trade for Ogun. The vikes just signed former WWE Superstar Brock lesnar

read it here
http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_SignLesnar72704.html

I think there will be no Bennett, (Moe) Williams or Smith.

Damn why do you guys dont trust Travis. he is a heck of a back. We dont need a top back. And I think that we should give Edwards another shot as a backup. This guy has to be hungry as hell.
Never forget all we need is a TEAM. We need a TEAM. No lonesome Actors.

Maybe this whole Ricky case melted the players to something like a unit.

Miamilove20 said:
Forget it. The Viks not going to trade for Ogun. The vikes just signed former WWE Superstar Brock lesnar

Lesnar is not expected to contribute until 2005, if then. He hasn't played football since high school.

Miamilove20 said:

read it here
http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_SignLesnar72704.html

I think there will be no Bennett, (Moe) Williams or Smith.

Damn why do you guys dont trust Travis. he is a heck of a back. We dont need a top back. And I think that we should give Edwards another shot as a backup. This guy has to be hungry as hell.
Never forget all we need is a TEAM. We need a TEAM. No lonesome Actors.

Maybe this whole Ricky case melted the players to something like a unit.

Lesnar was signed as a Guard...they need a DE........

"Brock Lesnar DT Rookie Minnesota" <=== Taken from the Vikings official website.

He was signed as a Defensive Tackle not a Guard. But they still need a DE, unless they plan on moving someone to there.

I was pretty sure Lesnar was signed as a DE but I could be wrong. Anyway, no coincidence he signed in Minnesota. Pro Wrestling is HUGE there, probably more so than any other state in the US and I'm not just saying it because of Jesse Ventura. Minnesota I hear is only paying him $230k this year...so basically its $230k to put more fans' fannies in the seats.

I really just don't have a great feeling about Travis Minor. I think if they are trying to sign Terry Kirby though, its obviously as a 3rd down back, a role he really excelled in with Trestman in Oakland. If they are trying to sign Mack, its more of a goal-line thing I think, and then they'll use Minor as more of the 3rd down back...but at this point I'd probably trust Travis Minor with the bulk of carries before I trust Stacey Mack, who I hear has injury and drug problems.

What we need right now, are backs that can catch out of the backfield...because now that Ricky is not there to keep defenses honest, teams are going to blitz the fvck out of the OL and QBs until we can prove through screens, and RB dumpoffs, and hot reads that we can really hurt them in the passing game on blitzes.

Back
Top Bottom