Seeking dirt on the Mack/Kirby workouts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeking dirt on the Mack/Kirby workouts

rafael said:
Mack makes sense. They want a big short yardage back. I think Konrad can do it, but either way you need at least 1 more camp body. Mack was decent before his turf toe injury. Healthy, he is a decent option.
he seems like logical complement to Minor

Mack, who is 6-feet-1, 241 pounds, is the big back Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt favors. Mack also has 23 touchdowns in 18 career starts and has one edge on the fumble-prone Williams: Entering last season, Mack was No. 2 in the NFL in consecutive carries without a fumble with 267. Former Detroit running back James Stewart, who also is being looked at by Miami, was No. 1 with 397.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/07/28/a8b_finsnotes_0728.html

It would be unbelievable if Wannstedt does not alter the game plan now that Ricky is gone. Minor would be sent to the hospital in week 2 after 60 carries.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
It would be unbelievable if Wannstedt does not alter the game plan now that Ricky is gone. Minor would be sent to the hospital in week 2 after 60 carries.

I suppose it is worth noting that Minor is about the same size as Walter Payton.

Sheesh, it's not like he is 5'7 and 150 pounds.

I really don't see the problem with Minor. The last 5 years pre-Ricky we went the the playoffs without a major RB. Ricky gave us yards, but no playoffs and somehow we will suck without him?

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Defensive players were nowhere near as big in Payton's era as they are now.
Ah shucks you beat me to it, good post.

Back
Top Bottom