Senior Bowl Buzz: Thursday Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Buzz: Thursday Night

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
The final practice of the Senior Bowl is complete and all that’s left is the kickoff. Here’s the latest buzz swirling around the players’ hotel.

I had two interesting conversations last night with NFC teams about watching the Senior Bowl game. One team told me it’s important to watch; the other said they may eventually get around to watching the game film of the contest.

The team who feels it’s important to watch the game made valid points about wanting to see if running backs can break tackles and wanting to see if linebackers and defensive backs can make tackles, which is justifiable since there’s not much finishing of tackles that takes place during the three days of practice.

Several teams in Mobile have taken Desmond King off the cornerback board and move him to safety, something we initially mentioned as a possibility on December 13[SUP]th[/SUP].

Teams are concerned about King’s speed, and ironically during the time I was having the conversation about the move to the safety board, King was torched for a long reception by Zay Jones.

I spoke with an NFL scout who formerly played with the Miami Hurricanes and asked his thoughts on Brad Kaaya turning pro. The scout did not mince words and told me Kaaya made a huge mistake entering the draft.

Most of the opinions of those I’ve spoken with here in Mobile about Kaaya's decision feel he will end up being available during the final day of the draft.

For those who follow the agent business, I’m told Dalvin Cook of Florida State is in the process of changing agents. I’m also told there will be a significant inspection into his background leading up to the draft. If Cook falls further than expected on draft day, it’s because red flags were raised.

I spoke with Carolina Panthers offensive line coach Ray Brown last night, and he was very complimentary of Troy offensive tackle Antonio Garcia.

Brown said Garcia’s hand use -- specifically the way he properly places his hands into opponents and extends to keep defenders away -- is a trait not often found in college linemen, who usually prefer to lean on opponents.

It’s a small thing that has separated Garcia from many of the blockers in attendance.
http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-thursday-night

Totally concur on Brad Kaaya...major regression this past season IMO. Should have come back for his senior season but I'm good with him moving on. He was a statue behind the line.

Dalvin Cook will not fall past the Packers...and the Packers will be happy to take him.

Gotta say I really love King. Wonder if he falls to the 3rd round? Playmaker and physical tackler who I think could serve as Miami's slot corner.

Been pretty consistently hearing about off field stuff with Dalvin Cook for a long time. I think Slimm has mentioned some.

The latest are concerns about the people he hangs out with and his partying habits. There's a growing sentiment that any team in Florida should just take him off the board because he needs to get out of this state and start fresh somewhere.

Been pretty consistently hearing about off field stuff with Dalvin Cook for a long time. I think Slimm has mentioned some.

The latest are concerns about the people he hangs out with and his partying habits. There's a growing sentiment that any team in Florida should just take him off the board because he needs to get out of this state and start fresh somewhere.
Sounds like Rolando McClain

Back
Top Bottom