Seriously 6-10 in '05. Our schedule this year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seriously 6-10 in '05. Our schedule this year!

'Phins & 'Canes

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Yes, we can hope the preseason is just that. We can hope that in a normal week with game planning, we'll be better suited to attack an opponent due to hightened preparation. We can also hope that Hudson and Co. come up with that OL lineup that they've missed on thus far. (you know, the one WITHOUT McKinney at C, but WITH Hadnot at C and Middleton at RG) We can also put our trust in the staff to get Ronnie Brown ready to roll without Ricky for a bit to kick things off come Sept. 11th. But just remember, OTHER teams don't necessarily game plan in the preseason either, but you bet they will starting September - and they KNOW about our QB/OL woes too. (read: we'll see steady pressure on our QBs all year)

So when you factor all of that in and look at the schedule below, who do we honestly beat, even if some of the things above happen for us?

Denver
@ N.Y. Jets
Carolina
BYE
@ Buffalo
@ Tampa Bay
Kansas City
@ New Orleans
Atlanta
New England
@ Cleveland
@ Oakland
Buffalo
@ San Diego
N.Y. Jets
Tennessee
@ New England

Cleveland, Tennessee and Tampa Bay seem like the easiest games that we could win. Oakland and KC were bad last year, but look to be improved for '05 so I don't know about our chances there and the division games are always murder. At least in the division there's familiarity there plus a need for us to get a little payback that might get us a couple of wins if things go right. Plus you've got the Denver game at home to open things where I suspect we'll come out trying to show that last year and this preseason are behind us. So here's the prediction, game by game. Feel free to chime in...

W - Denver (I have a good feeling about opening day)
L - @ N.Y. Jets (but it gets worse after that!)
L - Carolina
W - BYE (kidding folks, kidding!)
L - @ Buffalo
W - @ Tampa Bay
L - Kansas City
L @ New Orleans
L - Atlanta
W - New England (2 years in a row baby!)
W - @ Cleveland
L - @ Oakland
W - Buffalo
L - @ San Diego
L - N.Y. Jets
W - Tennessee
L - @ New England

I have us 6-10 overall, with Nick having some decisions to make as far as our upgrades go. QB, OL, CB will be priorities and DT also if the feeling is that Wright and Vickerson aren't the future for us. It's a work in progress folks, but remember last year when we lost week after week while You-Know-Who was here early? Well, this year you won't sense that the team has given up at all, even after two or three losses in a row. I think it'll be a team that bounces back some and wins even when you think they won't sometimes. A few more drafts and some free agents and it'll start to happen....but just not in '05.

Don't be so pessimistic. I make sure I never try to predict games like that. There's too much parity in the NFL. It is hard enough to pick 4 winners every week, with tons of research. Let's wait and see. I'm not saying we're playoff bound, I'm just saying don't jump off the bandwagon.

I see us as 3-13 or at best 4-12. Remember the NFL has already said that ours is the TOUGHEST schedule in the league. Unfair, but you can' cry about it.

Not like the old days when you were bad and then the next year had a reasonable chance to get better with the last place schedule. I'm not sure that the NFL is all to worried anymore about "dynastys" and "3 or 4 strong teams" and the rest being patsies....the popularity of the NFL guareentees seelouts even for the crappy teams.

We could be in for a number (at least 3) last place finishes. :cry:

I dont know what our final record will be. I do know that once the O gets its ars in gear, the defense will make it so that any team that thinks the game against the fins is a W, will pay the price for thinking such things.

Actually, I didn't think I was being pessimistic. We'll show improvement by a couple of games, knowing full well that there's more changes needed in upcoming years. It's just going to take a while to get there. And I think we'll be more competitive than people think in a lot of the games that we lose. I just don't think we have enough going up front to win many more than six games just yet.

Beachbum said:
I see us as 3-13 or at best 4-12. Remember the NFL has already said that ours is the TOUGHEST schedule in the league. Unfair, but you can' cry about it.

Not like the old days when you were bad and then the next year had a reasonable chance to get better with the last place schedule. I'm not sure that the NFL is all to worried anymore about "dynastys" and "3 or 4 strong teams" and the rest being patsies....the popularity of the NFL guareentees seelouts even for the crappy teams.

We could be in for a number (at least 3) last place finishes. :cry:

If we have the toughest scedule, then so does the Bills, jets, and NE.

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]
L - Denver
L - @ N.Y. Jets
L - Carolina
BYE (kidding folks, kidding!)
L - @ Buffalo
W - @ Tampa Bay
W - Kansas City
W @ New Orleans
L - Atlanta
L - New England
W - @ Cleveland
L - @ Oakland
L - Buffalo
L - @ San Diego
L - N.Y. Jets
W - Tennessee
L - @ New England
[/QUOTE]
5-11
ill give you the Saints, and the chiefs. but only cus i keep saying the fins will win 6-7 games. but with that schedule, i dont even see 6 wins. :shakeno:

finfan54 said:

that is not necessarily true....they only account for 6 of the sixteen games...thats not even half

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]Yes, we can hope the preseason is just that. We can hope that in a normal week with game planning, we'll be better suited to attack an opponent due to hightened preparation. We can also hope that Hudson and Co. come up with that OL lineup that they've missed on thus far. (you know, the one WITHOUT McKinney at C, but WITH Hadnot at C and Middleton at RG) We can also put our trust in the staff to get Ronnie Brown ready to roll without Ricky for a bit to kick things off come Sept. 11th. But just remember, OTHER teams don't necessarily game plan in the preseason either, but you bet they will starting September - and they KNOW about our QB/OL woes too. (read: we'll see steady pressure on our QBs all year)

So when you factor all of that in and look at the schedule below, who do we honestly beat, even if some of the things above happen for us?

Denver
@ N.Y. Jets
Carolina
BYE
@ Buffalo
@ Tampa Bay
Kansas City
@ New Orleans
Atlanta
New England
@ Cleveland
@ Oakland
Buffalo
@ San Diego
N.Y. Jets
Tennessee
@ New England

Cleveland, Tennessee and Tampa Bay seem like the easiest games that we could win. Oakland and KC were bad last year, but look to be improved for '05 so I don't know about our chances there and the division games are always murder. At least in the division there's familiarity there plus a need for us to get a little payback that might get us a couple of wins if things go right. Plus you've got the Denver game at home to open things where I suspect we'll come out trying to show that last year and this preseason are behind us. So here's the prediction, game by game. Feel free to chime in...

W - Denver (I have a good feeling about opening day)
L - @ N.Y. Jets (but it gets worse after that!)
L - Carolina
W - BYE (kidding folks, kidding!)
L - @ Buffalo
W - @ Tampa Bay
L - Kansas City
L @ New Orleans
L - Atlanta
W - New England (2 years in a row baby!)
W - @ Cleveland
L - @ Oakland
W - Buffalo
L - @ San Diego
L - N.Y. Jets
W - Tennessee
L - @ New England

I have us 6-10 overall, with Nick having some decisions to make as far as our upgrades go. QB, OL, CB will be priorities and DT also if the feeling is that Wright and Vickerson aren't the future for us. It's a work in progress folks, but remember last year when we lost week after week while You-Know-Who was here early? Well, this year you won't sense that the team has given up at all, even after two or three losses in a row. I think it'll be a team that bounces back some and wins even when you think they won't sometimes. A few more drafts and some free agents and it'll start to happen....but just not in '05.[/QUOTE]

Oak NO and Atl should all be different. Atlanta is no where near as good as people are saying they will be and NO improved nothing from last year and is starting to age. Oak has randy Moss.....THAT IS IT

Yeah, we have six wins in us.

Oh wait....I see where you made your mistake. You've got Buffalo sweeping us. :)

finfan54 said:
i think they came out with the schedule ratings and the afc east were all in the top 5.

Back
Top Bottom