Sermon or harris? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sermon or harris?

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
Man I like both, Sermon has really impressed me this year. Kid runs violent. Is he rising up boards?

Very similar backs - but different. Sermon is more elusive. People don’t realize it but Sermon is one of the most elusive backs in the country and can catch out of the backfield.

He’s like Great Valu brand Najee Harris in the way that Michael Carter is Great Valu brand Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Trey Sermon is a beast. Was always underrated. Oklahoma doesn’t really understand how to use their backs anymore, which is why he transferred and Saban keeps flipping all the top RB recruits Oklahoma tries to get.

If teams miss out on Najee but desire a back in that mold, take Sermon later.

Where you think sermon is going to go. 2nd? Or sneak in the first
Very similar backs - but different. Sermon is more elusive. People don’t realize it but Sermon is one of the most elusive backs in the country and can catch out of the backfield.

He’s like Great Valu brand Najee Harris in the way that Michael Carter is Great Valu brand Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Trey Sermon is a beast. Was always underrated. Oklahoma doesn’t really understand how to use their backs anymore, which is why he transferred and Saban keeps flipping all the top RB recruits Oklahoma tries to get.

If teams miss out on Najee but desire a back in that mold, take Sermon later.
Where you think sermon is going to go. 2nd? Or sneak in the first

?

Most of these backs are going off the board in that 35-75 range like they normally do.

Day 1 talents hear their name called in rounds 2&3 because they play a day 2 position. The big run on RB’s starts on Day 2.

I don’t see any backs coming off the board in the 1st round.

Most of these backs are going off the board in that 35-75 range like they normally do.

Day 1 talents hear their name called in rounds 2&3 because they play a day 2 position. The big run on RB’s starts on Day 2.

I appreciate the feedback

I saw you mention this before, but couldn’t find it and wanted to make sure I got the stat correct.

did you say Harris only has 1 touchdown of 20+ yards in his career, or something of that nature? Bc that’s alarming

Id take Najee at #3 overall. I would not take Sermon, at all. Like, I would take Brian Robinson over Sermon.
I would not take any back who is under 3.1 weight to height ratio, and who at combine does not post combined jump score of 165 minimum, vert plus broad.

I saw you mention this before, but couldn’t find it and wanted to make sure I got the stat correct.

did you say Harris only has 1 touchdown of 20+ yards in his career, or something of that nature? Bc that’s alarming

No I said his longest career run prior to this season was only 35 yards - which came his freshman year. In terms of 20+ yard runs he’s had 25 of those over his career.

He’s not getting a big run unless he hurdles somebody. Doesn’t have the speed.

Reactions: A1.
I really like the Williams kid from North Carolina. Consistently breaks tackles and he certainly looks fast enough.

I too like Javonte, kid looks like a 3 down back who looks fast enough, can most certainly break tackles, catches the ball well, and looks good in pass protection.

Was watching some tape on Javonte and noticed their other RB Carter, first name slips my mind right now. Anybody have insight on Carter? I haven't watched enough of him yet, but he looked good from what I have seen

Id take Najee at #3 overall. I would not take Sermon, at all. Like, I would take Brian Robinson over Sermon.
I would not take any back who is under 3.1 weight to height ratio, and who at combine does not post combined jump score of 165 minimum, vert plus broad.

If nothing else you are amusing.

After watching all of Sermons games this season I would guess he's a 4th to 5th round guy. He struggled early this year to find his role.

Good to see him flourish these last couple of games. I think it's a combination of him learning the playbook and finding the holes, and/or the line blocking better of late.

If Najee is your guy, I think he'll be there late first. I wouldn't be opposed to Miami drafting him at their current spot, which I think is #23.

If they miss on Harris, my next back would be Williams or Etienne. I think Harris or Williams would be perfect additions to go with Gaskin and Ahmed.

My guy is any back with WT/HT > 3.1, broad + vert > 165, and good college productions. I suspect Najee will meet the explosion score based on his in-game jumps, but if he does not he will not be my guy.
I think Najee Harris would be such a perfect fit for Miami. I'm interested to see what he does at the combine, assuming there will be one this year.

Back
Top Bottom