Shaq biggest of Miami's stars? (Basketball posts) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq biggest of Miami's stars? (Basketball posts)

catapano

get out da way
Reaction score
Shaq chooses Miami with L.A.'s blessing
The Heat acquires Lakers star Shaquille O'Neal, but loses Lamar Odom, Brian Grant and Caron Butler, and will be forced to fill crucial roster holes.
Shaquille O'Neal is headed to South Florida. The trade between the two teams has not been finalized and cannot be officially announced until Wednesday, when NBA rules allow, but sources close to the negotiations said the Lakers will accept the deal, paving the way for Miami to become the home to one of the most recognizable athletes in the world.
BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ / igutierrez@herald.com » Web Vote | How much would be too much for the Heat to sacrifice to get Shaq?

deal is not finalized yet, but it will definatly be Odom and Grant. I don't see Riley adding Caron in the trade unless...

1.He gets back either Luke Walton or Kareem Rush(or both)
2. He's got another trade lined up
3. Has FA's already to sign.

when the trade is finalized we'll see

Shaq ruins basketball. The guy is just a juggernaut and thats it. He's not a basketball player. I was a Lakers fan up until this year, and next year I'll be jumping onto the Bobcats bandwagon, since they are new and all.

You can say "He's the most dominating player in the NBA! LOL!!!11". Okay, I'll buy that - but how's his shot? Horrible, the guy makes 95% of his shots bullying over people for a simple layup or dunk, which I've seen him miss plenty of times. He draws the foul by leaping into people and causing them to come in contact with his arms. I can't stand it anymore, I used to defend him, but I'm sick of him.

Have him Heat, go ahead and lose my respect. I really enjoyed watching the Heat this season, and thought with a bit more rebuilding they would be a stronger contender next year. Yeah, they will be with Shaq, but I definately won't be rooting for them.

Oh yeah...Phinz > Heat :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead and root for your *****cats. I'll be enjoying Shaq's great baby jump hook and thunderdunks. I just hope the roster isn't gutted in the meantime.

Also, who gives a crap about Shaq's shot if nobody can stop him from making any shot he wants?? Oh, did I mention the baby hook?? :tongue:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=40289

Phinz4Life said:
Shaq ruins basketball. The guy is just a juggernaut and thats it. He's not a basketball player. I was a Lakers fan up until this year, and next year I'll be jumping onto the Bobcats bandwagon, since they are new and all.

You can say "He's the most dominating player in the NBA! LOL!!!11". Okay, I'll buy that - but how's his shot? Horrible, the guy makes 95% of his shots bullying over people for a simple layup or dunk, which I've seen him miss plenty of times. He draws the foul by leaping into people and causing them to come in contact with his arms. I can't stand it anymore, I used to defend him, but I'm sick of him.

Have him Heat, go ahead and lose my respect. I really enjoyed watching the Heat this season, and thought with a bit more rebuilding they would be a stronger contender next year. Yeah, they will be with Shaq, but I definately won't be rooting for them.

WTF? :confused: :confused:

Phinz4Life said:

I dont know why you think shaq is good only due to size. There are a lot of other big players in the NBA and not all of them can dominate like Shaq. Shaq has a unique combination of size, quickness, and technique and he not only a great player but an athlete too. The reason show many of his shots are layups or dunks is that nobody can stop him from getting to the hoop. Besides he is center he is supposed to play near the basket I would rather have a big man like Shaq who dominates the post then one like Nowitiski or Garnett who plays on the perimeter.

I'll stand by my opinion - I don't like Shaq.

Also, Shaq's not the player he used to be. He's 50 pounds over what he played at in his early Laker days, and has shown no desire to get back in shape.

You know what, I just don't like his style of play. I don't think thats what basketball is about.

Phinz4Life said:

Also, Shaq's not the player he used to be. He's 50 pounds over what he played at in his early Laker days, and has shown no desire to get back in shape.

You know what, I just don't like his style of play. I don't think thats what basketball is about.
I agree...It seems a lot of times he just puts his shoulder down and gets to the basket. I dont like him. Regardless of what I think he is certainly one of the top 3 dominating centers in the 90's

t2thejz said:
I agree...It seems a lot of times he just puts his shoulder down and gets to the basket. I dont like him. Regardless of what I think he is certainly one of the top 3 dominating centers in the 90's
Thank you. I also agree he is one of the most dominating centers, I just don't like that kind of playing. I won't argue the fact the guy wins games, it's just not cool how he does it.

AHH! I've reached 100 posts! :woot:

He's 7'1", 350 lbs. What the hell do you want him to do, shoot 3's???

I can understand why you wouldn't like him, but those reasons are ridiculous.

BTW, I hate Vince Carter because he jumps too high.

LIQUID24 said:
He's 7'1", 350 lbs. What the hell do you want him to do, shoot 3's???

I can understand why you wouldn't like him, but those reasons are ridiculous.

BTW, I hate Vince Carter because he jumps too high.
:lol: It just seems like he gets away with a lot of fouls, but when he goes up with all his strength (which is a lot!!) and someone taps him on the arm its a foul.

Phinz4Life said:

You must love the WNBA then.

t2thejz said:
:lol: It just seems like he gets away with a lot of fouls, but when he goes up with all his strength (which is a lot!!) and someone tapes him on the arm its a foul.
It's really hard to referee Shaq. You can make an argument that he commits an offensive foul on every play because of his bullish style.

You can also make an argument that he gets fouled on every play. Guys hack him all the time, and a lot of times the refs don't blow the whistle.

Muck said:
You must love the WNBA then.
No i totally understand what he is saying. Thats sorta like saying the NBA is like the WNBA without Shaq. I know thats not what you ment but Shaq is the only one who plays like he does.

LIQUID24 said:
It's really hard to referee Shaq. You can make an argument that he commits an offensive foul on every play because of his bullish style.

You can also make an argument that he gets fouled on every play. Guys hack him all the time, and a lot of times the refs don't blow the whistle.
I agree I wouldnt want to be reffing it, Im not saying he is a bad player, Im not saying he doesnt deserve what he has earned, he will make the heat a better franchise. I just dont like him, never have, never will.

Back
Top Bottom