Shaq biggest of Miami's stars? (Basketball posts) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq biggest of Miami's stars? (Basketball posts)

t2thejz said:
:lol: It just seems like he gets away with a lot of fouls, but when he goes up with all his strength (which is a lot!!) and someone tapes him on the arm its a foul.
:roflmao: Word.

The thing is, it LOOKS like a tap. In reality, it sends other guys to the floor.

He's like, bigger and stuff.

t2thejz said:
No i totally understand what he is saying. Thats sorta like saying the NBA is like the WNBA without Shaq. I know thats not what you ment but Shaq is the only one who plays like he does.

Not true. Other big guys bang around like that as well. Shaq's just the only guy who's big and strong enough to go thru people.

Muck said:
The thing is, it LOOKS like a tap. In reality, it sends other guys to the floor.

Yeaa hes a big boy. I dont like him because he gets away with calls because of his size. I know, I know it works against him too. IMO he gets more calls his way than against him.

Muck said:
Thats an understatement.

You know that story about the little old lady who lived in a shoe? That's Shaq's shoe.

Yah'll don't have any mixed feelings towards me now because of my posts about Shaq right? :(

Just makin sure....

catapano said:
» Web Vote | How much would be too much for the Heat to sacrifice to get Shaq?

If we can keep wade and get the Diesel I'm all over that deal in a heartbeat. Shaq is still the most dominant player in the NBA. Shaq + Wade, that's too good to be true! :D

ChambersWI said:
deal is not finalized yet, but it will definatly be Odom and Grant. I don't see Riley adding Caron in the trade unless...

1.He gets back either Luke Walton or Kareem Rush(or both)
2. He's got another trade lined up
3. Has FA's already to sign.

when the trade is finalized we'll see

you guys should be happy LA is dumb enough to make that deal without getting an all star in return, shaq to miami for odom, grant and butler ???? lakers gm must be on crack to do this, briant grant wants to play center ? how many small forwards do we have then ??? wade should be the guy that comes here and put odom in the mix, that would be ok, i hope kobe can somehow do something about this, because this isn´t anywhere close to an equal deal....

Al13 said:
you guys should be happy LA is dumb enough to make that deal without getting an all star in return, shaq to miami for odom, grant and butler ???? lakers gm must be on crack to do this, briant grant wants to play center ? how many small forwards do we have then ??? wade should be the guy that comes here and put odom in the mix, that would be ok, i hope kobe can somehow do something about this, because this isn´t anywhere close to an equal deal....

Lamar Odom is easily an All-Star caliber player. I think of him as a poor man's Kevin Garnett. Long and lanky. He averaged 17.1 points, 9.7 rebs, 4.1 asst last year. One reporter today called him "a walking triple-double".

Caron Bulter was great his rookie season, then had major knee surgery last summer. He finally started to get it back down the stretch. Butler averaged 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 steals in the first round of the playoffs. Thing is, you're getting sizzling young talent. 24 and 23 years old. But no way do you get Wade. He's pretty much untouchable. And Brian Grant doesn't want to play center. He's just been forced to the last 4 years. Why would he want to play out of position when he was such a good PF previous??

This deal will allow the Lakers to become a younger, athletic running team. A more exciting team. Whereas now Miami becomes a halfcourt team again. But I still don't know who's going to sit on the bench. Caron and Odom are too good to sit. I think LA might be looking to trade some more after this.

Muck said:
Lamar Odom is easily an All-Star caliber player. I think of him as a poor man's Kevin Garnett. Long and lanky. He averaged 17.1 points, 9.7 rebs, 4.1 asst last year. One reporter today called him "a walking triple-double".

Caron Bulter was great his rookie season, then had major knee surgery last summer. He finally started to get it back down the stretch. Butler averaged 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 steals in the first round of the playoffs. Thing is, you're getting sizzling young talent. 24 and 23 years old. But no way do you get Wade. He's pretty much untouchable. And Brian Grant doesn't want to play center. He's just been forced to the last 4 years. Why would he want to play out of position when he was such a good PF previous??

This deal will allow the Lakers to become a younger, athletic running team. A more exciting team. Whereas now Miami becomes a halfcourt team again. But I still don't know who's going to sit on the bench. Caron and Odom are too good to sit. I think LA might be looking to trade some more after this.

I bet the Lakers trade Caron somewhere.

Muck said:

i agree muck that the outlook COULD be good, but still there is a lot of ??? behind this, i didn´t even know that butler had knee surgery and both of them shoot a dismal % from the floor, thing is i think even if kobe stays there are teams in the west like the spurs and the wolves that are now clearly better then LA, if this trade goes through

one more question, how good are odom and butler defensivley ? i don´t know about that ? can they play D ?

Lamar plays decent D but for some reason the refs are really hard on him. What I'm saying is he's servicable on D but he can get get into foul trouble real early and then...no D. Caron is a steal factory. He's always hustling and plays awesome D IMO.

I follow Basketball very closely as well and post as "CelticsVJ" on Celtic Boards.

I do not like the Lakers and am glad that Miami is getting him. But getting O'neal, where does that place Miami in the Eastern Conference? Miami will be left with O'neal and Dwayne Wade and to a lesser extent Eddie Jones. Is that enough? Plus, keep in mind O'neal's age and weight. Can Wade continue to flourish? He is not a playmaking PG - not a true PG. Odom really helped him with ball handling. Playing with dominant post players like O'neal and Duncan, you need sharp shooters. Is Wade one and how much does E. Jones has left in the shooting dept?

I still have to place Detroit if they resign R. Wallace at the top of E. Conf. and Indiana with J. O'neal, Artest and their deep bench second. If NJ loses K. Martin then Miami will be 3rd otherwise 4th. Basically if they did not trade for S. O'neal they would be in the same position. But if Shaq starts to dominate like 3-4 years ago, I would not discount him carrying Miami further than Odom, Butler and Grant could take.

Back
Top Bottom