Sharpe and Mayock: Dolphins should draft QB Jake Locker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sharpe and Mayock: Dolphins should draft QB Jake Locker

Casas9425

Club Member
Reaction score
when Rich Eisen asked Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock whether or not Miami had a need at quarterback both said yes. Sharpe said that a better quarterback would open up the running game and Mayock again said that Henne is a mediocre quarterback that is best served as a backup. Mayock said we should draft Jake Locker at 15 and everyone on the set agreed.

He is a big project. We would have to be patient. Locker is not playing as rookie.

He thinks Henne is mediocre but not Locker :bobdole:. Locker at 15 :bobdole::bobdole:.

there's no way ireland & sparano will spend the #15 pick on a clipboard holder their last year here. they need people who can block or the season will be crap again and they'll be fired.

I wanna see more flashes of a guy that can get the job done. If we do get him, he'll be riding bench for a while.

wont happen locker will be long gone.way to many teams in front of us with a QB need.
plus no way we draft a first round QB and he sits behind henne for the year.

The NFL Network is just one set of analysts, and I've noticed they ALL tend to just hold Mayock's jock for him. None of them except perhaps Michael Lombardi are doing their own research, and Lombardi is clearly afraid to express a differing opinion from Mayock while sitting at the same table with Mayock. Basically, the NFL Network now belongs to Mike Mayock. But, he's just one analyst, and analysts are like scouts. They disagree. On EVERYTHING. There's so much disagreement around the league. When you just listen to one group you're going to be given a false sense of a "consensus". That's not really a consensus at all.

Mayock clearly likes Jake Locker more than most and so he pumps him up a lot. He did what I felt was a real contrived interview on him on the field where they prepped Locker on plays that they were going to ask him about, so that Mayock could make it look like you could just ask Jake Locker about any play from the season and he'll be able to go into detail about what happened and explain it really well. It was clear from Locker's own demeanor, which is not polished in any way yet because he's just a kid and is nervous in front of the cameras, so he's not good at masking anything, that Locker had been prepped for that interview. But that didn't stop Mayock from trying to make it look a certain way, trying to make it look impressive. That turned me off a little to Mayock this draft season, falling into the showmanship angle a little much. Other times he's been more than fair about everything and everyone, and he's the only guy that "gets it" where everyone else like Sterling Sharpe and Marshall Faulk, even Brian Billick and Steve Mariucci, you can clearly tell they're just not even putting any work into it whatsoever and so they're taking all their cues from Mayock.

When was this?
when Rich Eisen asked Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock whether or not Miami had a need at quarterback both said yes. Sharpe said that a better quarterback would open up the running game and Mayock again said that Henne is a mediocre quarterback that is best served as a backup. Mayock said we should draft Jake Locker at 15 and everyone on the set agreed.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.... don't write Jake Locker off as a successful quarterback in the NFL.

I think he'll have a better NFL career than Cam Newton, but #15 is reaching a little bit for Locker. The thing is, he has everything that this front office covets in a quarterback prospect. Since when do they care about accuracy in a quarterback anyway...

He has the experience, intangibles, high character and enthusiastic work ethic they'll find intriguing... and suddenly they want quarterback with "mobility"... well...

I would rather have Kapernick. I think that guy has a lot of potential.

Back
Top Bottom