Sherman In A Nutshell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sherman In A Nutshell

So this shows the number of 20+ yard rushing plays by team. Is that the point or is its downloadability the point?

To calculate means, medians etc. you would need data for each rushing play.
I was wondering if you could get a sense from that the prevalance of longer runs throughout the league, and the shape of their distribution among teams.

Wake me up when Philbin says: "Mike Sherman did a great job in this ball game converting both 3rd and 4th down situations with less than a yard to go. I finally said 'Hey, Mike. Your play selection hasn't worked all year. See if you can work with Ryan on his hard count. Perhaps we can draw the defense offsides'. It was our best cadence practice all year and it paid big dividends on those two key drives."

This is why I didn't buy the idea that Philbin all of a sudden turned into conservative Sparano against Carolina. He's never proven to be conservative and this thread shows, if anything, you could argue he's too aggressive. For me though, I'll take too aggressive over too conservative every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom