Should Bledsoe be a Hall of Famer

Bledson goes to the Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 86.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bledsoe is not a bad quarterback. But he's certainly not a great one. Which means he's not a Hall of Fame quarterback.

The best thing you can say about Bledsoe is that he's thrown the ball a lot. Certainly, he deserves credit for staying healthy long enough to play 14 NFL seasons and to throw the ball nearly 7,000 times in his career. But that's all he is: a guy who threw the ball often, but not particularly well.

Even the highlights of his career are related solely to volume. Back in 1994, as a second-year player in New England, Bledsoe set NFL single-game records with 45 completions and 70 attempts in a 26-20 overtime win against Minnesota. Seventy attempts to achieve 26 points in nearly five quarters of play is hardly indicative of a player lighting up his opponents with a pinpoint passing attack. Bledsoe also set a single-season record that year, with 691 attempts. What did it mean? New England went 10-6 and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

The other way to measure Bledsoe is by his ability to win football games. Bledsoe's career record as a starter is 98-96. It's not great. It's not bad.

It's just slightly above average.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=1088

I think you have to seperate a guy being really good and being a HOFer. People that act like he stunk for his whole career are being idiots, he has a really good career. I mean theres no shame is being really, really good for a few years, good for a lot more and decent for a few then retiring. Bledsoe doesnt deserve to be in the HOF, to me he was probaly 2-4 big years away from being a legit HOFer, but he was a great player for awhile and a really good player for year.
---AND a big plus to me is that he went out when he became a backup. Hes not hanging on hoping for another shot, he realized it was over and hung them up. Good for him, go enjoy the millions and what was a really good career.

I'm curious on why some feel Micheal Irvin shouldn't have been put in.

Besides the crack.....

I actually thought about this for a second and then decided no, i just dont think he was good enough for it. I think he might become a finalist one day far from now but i just dont think he'll get in.

Drew was never great nor did he accomplish anything great. He was an above average QB who managed to play more than 10 seasons and accumulated some good numbers. To be in the HOF one has to be recognized as great in his time or accomplish something great (win multiple SBs or MVPs) which Drew never did so he should not and will not make it to Canton.

If there is a spot in the HOF for consistantly average QB's then Bledsoe should be inducted.

Drew was at times much better than an average QB. Although I agree he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, he was still one of the Best QB's in the League for a short time. The problem with Bledsoe was that being the #1 overall pick he had to become John Elway in order to meet everyones expectations. Yet with all the physical tools he had, I always felt there was something missing from his game. All in all, he gave their first real NFL QB in a good long time, maybe it wasn't everything we wanted but hell, it could have been Rick Mirrer. :lol:

Nope, he had two great seasons(96, 97), a few good ones and servicable during other seasons.

remember.....
They DID put Jim Kelly in! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom