Should Miami Target Georgia CB Paul Oliver in Supplemental Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Miami Target Georgia CB Paul Oliver in Supplemental Draft?

RenoFinFan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Looks like Paul Oliver will be entering the supplemental draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2873910

This is a CB who measures 6'0" 201 lb and I have seen his 40 time listed as 4.39. He had an outstanding game against Calvin Johnson last year when CJ only had 2 catches for 13 yards.

He is projected to go in the 1st round in next year's draft. What are your thoughts on whether Miami should target him in the supplemental draft and how high of a draft pick do think Miami should go? More than likely won't make it past the 2nd round...

If he's a top cover CB then maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick should be submitted for him.

depends on how Capers feels about JAllen

JAllen is our big fast CB

I don't think we need a CB bad enough to spend a 2nd on him

No. Keepour picks for next year. We may trade a pick to Green still.

Quite a few mocks this year had us taking Leon Hall with the #9 (myself, not included).

A bit more info...was the 9th ranked high school player by Rivals.com in 2003 (Reggie Bush #2).

Most project him to be the #1 or #2 CB in college football next year...Antoine Cason of Arizona being the other.

IMO he could be a "steal" if 2nd round pick used on him.

I would consider it but I am a little Gun shy given our last supplemental Draft Experience.

the guy is agaruntee first rounder nex yr i think a thirdanddown is a safe pickto use on him i would say a second but thres two many good tackles to use a second rder

depends on how Capers feels about JAllen

JAllen is our big fast CB

I don't think we need a CB bad enough to spend a 2nd on him

i dont think it matters how allen does or capers feels our corners arnt very good and to get a guy with first round talent with a later pik at anytme is a good idea itbe different if we had champ bailey and other corners but we all now thats one of ou teams bigest weakness

I'm a bulldawg fan, and oilver is a very good player. UGA has put out many good defenive NFL starters, i'd love to have him on the team. Hopefully we can land him.

Calvin Johnson also played bad in some other games.. The game against Troy State he was terrible . His name isn't even on the stat sheet for that one..

So I wouldn't go just by how he was against Calvin Johnson.. Remember Johnson had an atrocious QB throwing him the ball ..A good GM goes by the whole body of work over a player's career..
If an average WR had a good game against him, that can also be seen as a negative .. I'm not saying that happened because I didn't see all his game tapes, but let's not jump the gun here all because he had one good game against a terrible QB.

Could easily be a top 15 pick next year if not higher. You cant deny the value is there for any team that submits a 2nd rd offer for him.

Hell yes we should go after this guy. I think a 2nd rounder would get him. This guy personally shut down Calvin Johnson last year in the UGA-GT game. Getting him for a 2nd rounder would be a steal!!!! He played solidly all year long (yes I live in Ga.). He was UGA's #1 CB and they (UGA) just said today thats their deepest position at UGA, but that they are still going to miss him. That should say something too. He also played against top competition all year long (SEC) just look at some of the top recievers in the SEC last year, some of which were just drafted in the first day of this years draft.:wink:

If we do, what will happen with Jason at corner? Do we move him back to safety? It will probaly stunt his growth if we added another top tier cornerback because of the lack of playing time he will get. Will is going to start, Daniels and Goodman will probaly battle it out for the #2. So what happens with Jason? I hope we somehow find his home on defense, so he can be a very important player in our defense. I personally have a lot of confidence that he will find his niche and be very productive.

Looks like Paul Oliver will be entering the supplemental draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2873910

This is a CB who measures 6'0" 201 lb and I have seen his 40 time listed as 4.39. He had an outstanding game against Calvin Johnson last year when CJ only had 2 catches for 13 yards.

He is projected to go in the 1st round in next year's draft. What are your thoughts on whether Miami should target him in the supplemental draft and how high of a draft pick do think Miami should go? More than likely won't make it past the 2nd round...

I say they should take him. Living in Atlanta and only 1 hour away from Athens..I've watched this kid play his entire career as a Dawg...He's a very talented CB and very fast. He's a good solid hitter as well. If he were to stay and enter the draft next year, he would be a guaranteed 1st rounder. I say Miami needs to use a draft pick and get this guy. He will turn out to be a STUD CB.

Back
Top Bottom