SI.com: Peter King draft notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI.com: Peter King draft notes

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
  • The top 10 of one team not in the top 10, though I do not know the order: Two quarterbacks (Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles), four tackles (Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin), one defensive tackle (Aaron Donald), two pass-rushers (Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack), one wideout (Sammy Watkins).

• Want a darkhorse for Carolina at 28—or, if the Panthers are lucky and he falls to 60? Guard-tackle Joel Bitonio of Nevada. Coach Ron Rivera went to Reno to meet him and came away impressed, I’m told.
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/28/steve-gleason-tom-benson-saints-nfl-draft/5/

There's a nice piece on Earl Morrall in the article, one of the Dolphins all-time greats on and off the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • The top 10 of one team not in the top 10, though I do not know the order: Two quarterbacks (Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles), four tackles (Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin), one defensive tackle (Aaron Donald), two pass-rushers (Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack), one wideout (Sammy Watkins).

• Anyone notice that his list of 10 included only 1 WR and no TE. One of the strengths of this Draft is the number of really good WRs with 1st round grade - I have heard as many as 7 (Watkins, Evans, Lee, Beckham, Cooks, Benjamin, etc not to mention Ebron). If Peter King's anonymous GM is correct, this means that some extremely good WR/TE playmakers will be available when we pick.

King thinks Manziel is the best QB in this class when in actual fact he will be one of the biggest busts in draft history.

^ ^ guess we'll see. I don't think he'll be in the league in two years time. Know you like him and clearly we have a difference of opinion on him. As far as I'm concerned when Canton opens the "All-time Busts" wing, if Manziel goes top 5 in this draft he will get in on the first ballot.

Back
Top Bottom