SI Poll: Dolphins tied with Bucs as favorite NFL team in Florida | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Poll: Dolphins tied with Bucs as favorite NFL team in Florida

I kno alotta firends who just stoped carring about the Bucs last year....:shakeno: pretty sad, all my Dolfan friends r loyal!

You shouldve seen Orlando (thats where I call home) before the Bucs won the superbowl, it was Dol-Fans EVERYWHERE!!! And the Jaguars still went on in instead of the phins when I could count the JAX fans on one hand. Then when the bucs won the superbowl, everyone and their mother jumped on that bandwagon, now its looking like the Dolphins are starting to regain Orlando control :)

Now that Im thinkin about it..I cant believe its 50/50!

I would have at least thought 70/30 in favor of dolfans (Versus bucc fans).

Oh what a superbowl win does to a fanbase :lol:

i lived in the heart of Buc country (St. Pete) during the mid-1990s when they were an annual embarresment and there were Dolfans everywhere, then the Bucs started making the playoffs and the bandwagon grew and grew.

Huizenga finished third in the enemy of the state voting:

George Steinbrenner 15%
Steve Spurrier 11%
Wayne Huizenga 9%

Also, the Jets are the third most hated team in Florida behind the University of Georgia and the Yankees.

iceblizzard69 said:
Huizenga finished third in the enemy of the state voting:

George Steinbrenner 15%
Steve Spurrier 11%
Wayne Huizenga 9%

Also, the Jets are the third most hated team in Florida behind the University of Georgia and the Yankees.

Yes, but while the Yankees are the 2nd most hated team, they are also the 2nd favorite baseball team and the third most favorite pro team!

Do you see that cover with Kosar and Marino on it? I still own that. Have it in a box up in one of my closets. One of my favorite covers.

That's because a lot of people live in NY. Nobody else likes the yankees, I know I hate them, they are an insult to teams who win by other ways than buying all of the league's talent.

The Bucs are still enjoying the euphoria of their SB win.It will die down as their team becomes mortal leaving the Dolphins in their traditional position as the most popular team in Florida if not the NFL.Call me a homer but the fins can lay claim to "Americas Team" as polls have shown they are one of the most popular team internationally (Especially when Marino was still playing).

TerryTate said:
You shouldve seen Orlando (thats where I call home) before the Bucs won the superbowl, it was Dol-Fans EVERYWHERE!!! And the Jaguars still went on in instead of the phins when I could count the JAX fans on one hand. Then when the bucs won the superbowl, everyone and their mother jumped on that bandwagon, now its looking like the Dolphins are starting to regain Orlando control :)

I'm in Tampa... and... the Bucs suck. They are still orange and white on the inside from my point of view and Gruden needs to win one on his own. Dungy built the team and Gruden got it handed to him on a silver platter.
I hope the Bucs continue to lose, and... I think on Feb 1 the phins will hoist the Lombardi!

Back
Top Bottom