Sign Leonard Fournette | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Leonard Fournette

Other factor is that this is Leonard Fournette's final year of his contract and he will expect to be paid (we know that he has a very big ego). He's big and he runs hard but maybe the RBs coming out of college are simply lower cost and have less mileage. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
Fournette runs with authority has good feet. His vision can be hit and miss. I’ve seen him miss things backside he shouldn’t have.

he’s also known to have a bit of an attitude

basically a screen to flats guy in the pass game.
His stats are inflated by his volume. He was if I recall, very inefficient and the product of poor qb play and high volume. He is not a game changer for sure

Dude is super injury prone. But so isn’t Breida. Might be worth a flyer.

He seems perfectly suited for New England. How frightening would a triple option play be with Newton and Fournette in the backfield ready to plow over anyone in the secondary?

I think Tua is ultimately going to benefit most from the guys that have flourished with the likes of Brees and Brady. Backs that can both take a handoff and split out and run a crisp route. Someone like Fournette is forever going to be the type that telegraphs the play call the minute he steps on the field and unless you're going with the old school run heavy play action attack I don't know that there is a lot of value in that.

His stats are inflated by his volume. He was if I recall, very inefficient and the product of poor qb play and high volume. He is not a game changer for sure

yeah but that volume was a product of suspect feet in pass pro at tackle and spotty qb play

vision has always been his issue. It’s why the touchdowns have dwindled. He’s always had plenty of opportunity at the goal line

I would be very surprised if we sign him.
1. We have Howard and Brieda as starters
2. He has an attitude issue.
3. That money needs to be placed elsewhere.

Fournette is a good player. He’s not just a thumper, he’s an athlete and is coming off his best year statistically. However we’re getting on year 4 w/ heavy volume, how much tread is left? There’s always been character issues but to be honest w/ you I’m not sure how much weight that carries - I think it’s overinflated. It’s telling that they couldn’t get anything in return, but again this is Jacksonville we are talking about. Two years ago they had the best defense in the league, today you likely can’t name two players on their defense. They don’t exactly don savviness very well

Right. Because him being from the BB tree means he's going to actually give a clue to what he wants? Interviewing Flores in terms of actually getting info is a waste of time. I would not play poker with him. Three of those five guys at the very least Fournette is an immediate upgrade from.

Fournette is a good player. He’s not just a thumper, he’s an athlete and is coming off his best year statistically. However we’re getting on year 4 w/ heavy volume, how much tread is left? There’s always been character issues but to be honest w/ you I’m not sure how much weight that carries - I think it’s overinflated. It’s telling that they couldn’t get anything in return, but again this is Jacksonville we are talking about. Two years ago they had the best defense in the league, today you likely can’t name two players on their defense. They don’t exactly don savviness very well

...they sure ran up and down the escalator really fast!

I guess it's really hard to keep the wheels on in the N F L !

It's amazing that anyone can say that a RB could have little tread left after four years. Sure, there are cases but come on. It's 4 years not 10. The right team coupled with good health Fournette is still very capable of being a 1200 yard + back...

Back
Top Bottom