Sign Russell for Vet Minimum? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Russell for Vet Minimum?

qmar

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Wilson can sign anywhere for the vet minimum and it would just come off the salary he is already receiving from Denver ($30M+). So he basically can’t earn anything more than what he is getting from Denver, unless a team wants to pay him more than $30M.

He will probably just end up taking a year off and collecting a paycheck for doing nothing, but teams should definitely consider trying to sign him as a backup. Who knows, maybe he would be fine in a back up role if he is seeking another ring.

Absolutely no. Russell's a "me first" sanctimonious turd who has the ability to infect team culture. Keep him away from Tua. There is a reason why Denver are taking a massive $38M dead cap hit this season and next season as well, just to get rid of him (and they don't have a QB to replace him). Yes, he'd come cheap and he has a big chip on his shoulder, but letting Russell in the building would smash the good team culture of last season in 10 seconds. I doubt that Mike McDaniel could put up with him.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Wilson can sign anywhere for the vet minimum and it would just come off the salary he is already receiving from Denver ($30M+). So he basically can’t earn anything more than what he is getting from Denver, unless a team wants to pay him more than $30M.

He will probably just end up taking a year off and collecting a paycheck for doing nothing, but teams should definitely consider trying to sign him as a backup. Who knows, maybe he would be fine in a back up role if he is seeking another ring.
🙄

Lmao. No way Russel goes unsigned for a real contract. Someone will pay him $6 mill a year min. He will decline.

League minimum? 😂

QB's are hard to come by and yet 2 teams couldn't wait to get rid of him for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom