simply put | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

simply put

fanodan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
miami keeps their draft pick chooses cadillac, drops fiedler on mar. 1st, trade surtain for 2nd rd pick and chooses a qb. period.:)

the problems with that is you don't address the aging and deteriorating defense, nor do you acknowledge the offensive line. we have far too many needs to go after a qb in round 2. lets give feeley a real shot.

We will not take a RB at #2, ain't gonna happen! With all the talent avalible this year at RB, why waste such a high pick on a back? We will most likely draft a D player if we stay at #2, or maybe Barron, but not a RB.

feelthepain said:
We will not take a RB at #2, ain't gonna happen! With all the talent avalible this year at RB, why waste such a high pick on a back? We will most likely draft a D player if we stay at #2, or maybe Barron, but not a RB.

Be careful with absolute statements they can come back to haunt you.

in an earlier post....

i spoke on the subject of the aging defense. next year take care of the d with a full set of picks. this year though get our rb, then see what level of qb is left in the third round. then shoot the rest on capable o line players. we can get a future qb this year though. and don't be surprised if thats what we do. feely i'm all for him but he has to feel pressure on his job by someone else than rosefels.:)

feelthepain said:
I disagree. Running back at #2 is very likely. Edge and Alexander probably will end staying with their teams. The talent of RB at the top of the draft is pretty darn good and it would fill a big need. Also, Barron? #2 is too high for him.

MOD EDIT: Take 24 off to read the TOS regarding insults.

NoNameD said:
there's no way we're drafting Defense at 2 either. he'd get roasted by the media. it would be such a wanstedt- esque move.

if you wanted to trade down to the mid first round and draft defense then, thats a little better.

finally, theres no way this barron fella goes 2. at 2 you dont stretch to get mid- first round talent.

why the **** isnt robert gallery in this draft?!

Well I think DJ and A.Rolle are every bit as talented as any RB in the draft. We will lose, Surtain,Bowens,Seau, and probably Greenwood. If not more to get us under the cap. Drafting a D player with the 2nd overall is a posibility and is going to happen if we stay at 2. Our D is old slow. BTW insults aren't necessary!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
we need to draft a better RB, or a Lineman...

If we do get a late 1st round pick for Surtain, I would like to see Benson at #2 and maybe someone like Charlie Frye at the end of the opening round.

Nublar7 said:
I disagree. Running back at #2 is very likely. Edge and Alexander probably will end staying with their teams. The talent of RB at the top of the draft is pretty darn good and it would fill a big need. Also, Barron? #2 is too high for him.

LT will be tougher to find this year then RB and why I see us spending our 2nd overall on him if not DJ. You can't just expect Saban to draft a RB with our first because thats your personal choice. You have to understand where your going to find talent at each pick and FA. The talent pool is deep at RB and you don't need a superstar RB to get a good RB. Besides a player like that would cost far more then we have to spend this year. If we were at 15, I could see us picking a RB but not at #2. Look for Saban to fill a need that will be tough to fill through FA and the draft. Saban is smart and doesn't do things based on a popularity contest. You will be disappointed if you pin your hopes on a RB.

i want DJ at #2...DJ, ZT, Moore. Let Zach be DJ's mentor and wow. We have a playmaker for years!

Back
Top Bottom