Sims signs with Bears for 3 years $18M with $10M guaranteed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sims signs with Bears for 3 years $18M with $10M guaranteed

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
[h=1]Deal for new Bears TE Dion Sims: three years, $18m with $10m in guarantees, source says. More than just blocking TE money.[/h]
Wish we could have kept him but happy for Simms.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I apologize I didn't see the thread out there about Simms already, please merge.

I'd have kept him for that

I'm not a fan of letting capable run and pass play in line primary tight ends walk after 4 years for dinosaurs and especially over that money

In today's salary cap rising era, the Sims contract is acceptable.
I think his concussion issue last year, hurt him.

In today's salary cap rising era, the Sims contract is acceptable.
I think his concussion issue last year, hurt him.

Miami had plans to keep him this is about money and I guess value to Miami role wise in gase's offense going forward which I see the only offset being as pure tempo play...as in lots of fast tempo

wow i would have thought Sims would be around 4M AAV. We signed Thomas to 6M AAV and while their skill sets are different, Thomas will probably put up flashier numbers.

I respect Hoops and he say Sims is worth the deal he recieved. I would have been ok keeping him, but I think finding a Sims replacement isn't very difficult. I know Hoops disagrees. I'm not wild about Fasano due to his age, but I figure the team has a plan to use him as a stepping stone to an unforeseen goal. Also as I said earlier I expect a few decent vet tight ends to hit the market after the draft and during training camp as teams make room for this huge rookie class.

If I am Gase the concussions have to be part of the issue especially after signing Thomas who is also injury prone

retrospectively if Gase would have been coach and not Failbin, think they would have kept Clay, a more uptempo TE.......

Back
Top Bottom