Sitting here watching last years Phins-Colts game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitting here watching last years Phins-Colts game

Fawn Lebowitz

Starter
Reaction score
Its getting close to kicking off the season so I thought I'd check out some of the games I recorded on dvd from last year. The one thing that is brought up from the announcers was the predictability of the Phins running the ball. The game wasnt even 2 minutes old and they were talking about it. Wannstadt will never change, he did the same thing in Chicago. And the same thing thats happening in south Florida happened in Chicago as well. He has lost control and the respect of his players. If you guys dont get rid of him, its gonna be long season. And I totally forgot that we lost Brad Pyatt to a broken neck in that game. :(

Well....if you were paying attention, the deciding factor in that game was the game changing sacks by FREENEY...Wade Smith looked like a human turnstyle that day!

With T-Bucks pick late in the game the Fins had a chance to win, but, another sack and another turnover cost the Fins a win. Wanny's same-ol' run RICKY run plan would have given the Fins a win if not for the the inept blocking of W. Smith....just my opinion. :cooldude:

dcm said:
Well....if you were paying attention, the deciding factor in that game was the game changing sacks by FREENEY...Wade Smith looked like a human turnstyle that day!

With T-Bucks pick late in the game the Fins had a chance to win, but, another sack and another turnover cost the Fins a win. Wanny's same-ol' run RICKY run plan would have given the Fins a win if not for the the inept blocking of W. Smith....just my opinion. :cooldude:

While you are correct, are you aware who COMPLETELY MISSED his assigmnent in helping Wade SMith on that play. Yes, yours truly Richard "DICK" Williams. he gave a piss poor effort and let Freeney blow by him after he had blown by turnstyle Smith.

jgarMD said:
While you are correct, are you aware who COMPLETELY MISSED his assigmnent in helping Wade SMith on that play. Yes, yours truly Richard "DICK" Williams. he gave a piss poor effort and let Freeney blow by him after he had blown by turnstyle Smith.
The truth comes out once Rickys gone...

The first quarter is over and you are right, Wade Smith was in way over his head with Dwight. I had forgot how bad of time he had with him.

jgarMD said:

I remember VIVIDLY what happened on that play......Ricky was supposed to throw a "chip" block and go out in the flat as a safety valve....I don't think he was supposed to stay in and be part of the pass protection....but, it was a piss poor chipblock..... :shakeno:

dcm said:
I remember VIVIDLY what happened on that play......Ricky was supposed to throw a "chip" block and go out in the flat as a safety valve....I don't think he was supposed to stay in and be part of the pass protection....but, it was a piss poor chipblock..... :shakeno:

Piss poor chipblock? He actually hit Wade Smith on that play. Unless Ricky's assignment was to chip Wade Smith, then he didn't do his job.

And the more I watch this the more I think alot of posters here are dead wrong whether or not you guys should try to get edge. James just abused the Phins with his inside running. The Phin D just couldnt contain him when he ran up the middle but then turned it up outside. Kind of cool watching this again after such a long layoff.

As you all remember its 9-7 at the half. But the interview of Wannstadt at the break was great. "We just need to execute on offense, we're not making enough plays to sustain a drive to keep this going right now." The master of the obvious as always. On a side note, Jason Taylor is a very good pass rusher. He just needs some bulk to get it done on a weekly basis. Anyone have info if he has put on some weight this offseason?

Fawn:

With all due respect, you should be aware that the Colts aren't gonna win $hit this year. Manning will never get it done and Dungy is a born loser. I don't want to be rude, but the DOlts will be 9-7 and probably miss the playoffs. I am sorry to have to tell you this. Good day to you. :)

jgarMD said:
Fawn:

With all due respect, you should be aware that the Colts aren't gonna win $hit this year. Manning will never get it done and Dungy is a born loser. I don't want to be rude, but the DOlts will be 9-7 and probably miss the playoffs. I am sorry to have to tell you this. Good day to you. :)
Ewww Manning envy rears its ugly head. Could you name one Phin fan who wouldnt take Peyton as their starting QB? This is the year that we win it all. Got a slight taste of it last year, we'll finish that job this year.

Fawn Lebowitz said:
Ewww Manning envy rears its ugly head. Could you name one Phin fan who wouldnt take Peyton as their starting QB? This is the year that we win it all. Got a slight taste of it last year, we'll finish that job this year.

Lebowitz:

Oh do we as Dolphins fans know about "this is our year". I will 100% guarantee the Dolts don't win anything this year. Now for your other question, I would ofcourse love for Manning to be our QB, but that doesn't change the fact that the Dolts are going nowhere. Sorry to have to tell you that. Good day to you. :)

jgarMD said:
Fawn:

True. He never won an SEC championship. He leaves and T-Martin wins the NC the next year. Dungy leaves TB and bang, they win the SB the next year. Go figure.

Could you name one Phin fan who wouldnt take Peyton as their starting QB?

Me.

Big QBs don't win championships, sorry. Ask Dan Marino.
How many years till you have to buy crappy players because he eats the salary?

Back
Top Bottom