Skolnicks blog part on Bess and Ginn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Skolnicks blog part on Bess and Ginn

marinotoclayton

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
HTML:
....I've always loved the twin returner approach the Dolphins used against Denver on punt returns. I first saw the Hurricanes use it when they had Devin Hester and Roscoe Parrish, and it was extremely effective. It'll be interesting to see if the Dolphins continue to line up Davone Bess and Ted Ginn Jr. back there in the coming weeks. Or was this just a Mile High, thin air thing. The only problem I saw with the twin returner concept was Ginn had no interest in blocking for Bess. None. When you make effortless plays like that you open yourself up for toughness questions....

The above text was taken from Skolnicks blog about the twin returner . And he makes a pretty good point. Although many of us already had noticed Ginn ducking hits etc.

Personally I have always liked a wide receiver that could take a hit and block for his team mates. And I also get pumped to see a Qb do it sometimes. Although not as much because a Qb is generally what makes the team tick. And you generally do not want to see your Qb taking risks that could get him hurt.

But all in all I would like to see Ginn do some of these things.

lets let him stick to just returning the kicks not everybody is hines ward i can go through a series of recievers who are the same way

brandon london act's like hines ward some plays...

i dont know if i like the twin returner thing, we'd have two small guys and one has to block, ginn is a puss and bess is tiny.. i'd rather beef up[ the ST and have ginn just return it for 40 yards...

brandon london act's like hines ward some plays...

i dont know if i like the twin returner thing, we'd have two small guys and one has to block, ginn is a puss and bess is tiny.. i'd rather beef up[ the ST and have ginn just return it for 40 yards...

I don't know about that a twin returner could work. If you have two guys that were pretty good at it. And yes I know Ginn looks and acts like a puss. And the one I would like to see bulk up a bit is Ginn. I think it would help him become a more complete receiver/return guy. That way he could break more tackles and possibly make a block here and there.

Back
Top Bottom