Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2013 Position Rankings

I have 25 prospects with 1st round grades and here's how my board stacks up vertically...

Top 25:

1. Sharrif Floyd* / DT / Florida

2. Cornellius Carradine / DE / Florida St.

3. Jarvis Jones* / OLB / Georgia

4. Lane Johnson / OT / Oklahoma

5. Dee Milliner* / CB / Alabama

6. Eric Fisher / OT / Central Michigan

7. Tyler Eifert* / TE / Notre Dame

8. Ezekiel Ansah / DE / BYU

9. Chance Warmack / OG / Alabama

10. Sheldon Richardson* / DT-DE / Missouri

11. Corey Lemonier* / DE / Auburn

12. Geno Smith / QB / West Virginia

13. Jonathan Cooper / OG / North Carolina

14. Xavier Rhodes* / CB / Washington

15. Cordarrelle Patterson* / WR / Tennessee

16. Matt Barkley / QB / USC

17. Bjoern Werner* / DE / Florida St.

18. Desmond Trufant / CB / Washington

19. Sam Montgomery* / DE / LSU

20. Dion Jordan / DE / Oregon

21. Star Lotulelei / DT / Utah

22. Luke Joeckel* / OT / Texas A&M

23. Alex Okafor / DE / Texas

24. Barkevious Mingo* / DE / LSU

25. Sylvester Williams / DT / North Carolina

----------------------------------------------------------

26. Stedman Bailey* / WR / West Virginia

27. Eddie Lacy* / RB / Alabama

28. Markus Wheaton / WR / Oregon St.

29. Keenan Allen* / WR / California

30. Justin Hunter* / WR / Tennessee

31. DeAndre Hopkins* / WR / Clemson

32. Quinton Patton / WR / Louisiana Tech

33. Eric Reid* / S / LSU

34. Giovani Bernard** / RB / LSU

35. Tavon Austin / WR / West Virginia

36. D.J. Fluker* / OT / Alabama

37. Shamarko Thomas / S / Syracuse

38. Johnathan Hankins* / DT / Ohio St.

39. Damontre Moore* / DE / Texas A&M

40. Jamar Taylor / CB / Boise St.

41. Kenny Vacarro / S / Texas

42. Robert Alford / CB / S.E. Louisiana

43. Devin Taylor / DE / S. Carolina

44. Terry Hawthorne / CB / Illinois

45. Margus Hunt / DE / SMU

46. Johnthan Banks / CB / Mississippi St.

47. Matt Elam* / S / Florida

48. Alec Ogletree* / LB / Georgia

49. Travis Kelce / TE / Cincinnati

50. Jamie Collins / LB / Southern Miss.

51. Jonathan Bostic / LB / Florida

52. Kawann Short / DT / Purdue

53. Jesse Williams / DT / Alabama

54. Alvin Bailey* / OG / Arkansas

55. Akeem Spence* / DT / Illinois

56. Hugh Thornton / OG / Illinois

So this means that 7 teams in the first round will be reaching for players. I hope that we are not one of them.

So this means that 7 teams in the first round will be reaching for players. I hope that we are not one of them.

Absolutely, it means at minimum 7 teams will reach in the 1st round, at least in my estimation....probably more than that as there's always a few curve balls thrown. Although it doesn't necessarily mean that it's automatically going to be the teams picking 26-32.

For example, if the team picking 26th selects Stedman Bailey, they come out a lot better than the team picking 15th that drafted Margus Hunt. At minimum, 7 teams will draft players in the 1st round that I don't have a 1st round grade on. Where those teams are picking has yet to be determined...

I take it I'm not doing bad in #MockTwo then. So far I have two of your top 15 players and four of your top 50 players.

Slimm, of all the rankings by far my favorite is Lane Johnson.. been saying it for a while on here now that I prefer him to Joeckel, Fisher and he may end up being one of the top 5 or even 3 players in the whole draft

With any luck my next pick will be much lower on your board. I think you have a 6th round grade on him. And coincidentally I'll be taking him in the 6th round, if the fates conspire.

But I happen to think he's one of the very best at his position in the entire Draft. You might even agree with that. But I think we both recognize there are circumstances.

You have what now? I apologize, I'm afraid I don't understand.

Sorry I should explain. There's a writers' mock draft going on right now. They run it through a website called mockone.net and also through twitter. Writers for various teams sign up as General Managers and there are 32 of them. Each General Manager already being a writer for his team, he tends to know his team's needs inside and out, tendencies, etc...and MOST of them do player evaluation (with varying degrees of skill, obviously). You can trade with each other, or just make your picks. It's essentially like a war game in the military but with the Draft, and personally I find it interesting to see what kinds of trends are happening out there with respect to where players could go, that you might find a little unadvertised by traditional draft media.

Right now I'm General Manager of the Dolphins. I took Bjoern Werner at 12 overall, and traded back up into the 1st round to take Cordarrelle Patterson. Then I took Travis Kelce at pick #54. Then I took Shamarko Thomas at pick #82.

Sorry I should explain. There's a writers' mock draft going on right now. They run it through a website called mockone.net and also through twitter. Writers for various teams sign up as General Managers and there are 32 of them. Each General Manager already being a writer for his team, he tends to know his team's needs inside and out, tendencies, etc...and MOST of them do player evaluation (with varying degrees of skill, obviously). You can trade with each other, or just make your picks. It's essentially like a war game in the military but with the Draft, and personally I find it interesting to see what kinds of trends are happening out there with respect to where players could go, that you might find a little unadvertised by traditional draft media.

Right now I'm General Manager of the Dolphins. I took Bjoern Werner at 12 overall, and traded back up into the 1st round to take Cordarrelle Patterson. Then I took Travis Kelce at pick #54. Then I took Shamarko Thomas at pick #82.

I understand. I see it in your sig now... I couldn't figure out what you were talking about when you mentioned getting your hands on two of my top 15 players but you obviously traded up. That's a pretty good haul you got there.

Who the hell are those other writers drafting? Good grief.

I understand. I see it in your sig now... I couldn't figure out what you were talking about when you mentioned getting your hands on two of my top 15 players but you obviously traded up. That's a pretty good haul you got there.

Who the hell are those other writers drafting? Good grief.

Geno Smith at #1 overall, Barkevious Mingo at #3 overall, etc.

I'm not up again until pick 174. I'm aiming to pick the kid that was so explosive he exploded his own heart. I think he stands a chance at being legitimately one of the top three corners in this class. If he lives.

I'm not up again until pick 174. I'm aiming to pick the kid that was so explosive he exploded his own heart. I think he stands a chance at being legitimately one of the top three corners in this class. If he lives.
Wasn't he doing interviews at the combine? Crazy stuff. He was so good before that freak thing, will be interesting to see where a team rolls the dice on him, having plenty tape of that ceiling he has. I remember hearing that whatever it was that he tore isn't any more likely to get injured than it was pre-injury - though it was such a rare thing, who knows.

Some comments:

- I can't put Zac Stacy above Franklin and Ball....i like those guys too much.
- I like the Mike James 5th round grade. I don't think he goes there b/c i think he's undervalued, but he can do a lot from special teams to 3rd down blocking/receiving and spot duty carries. He'll definitely make a roster imo.
- BIG fan of Kelce. I have him ranked really high as well. Also a fan of Stoneburner....i think he'll be a good value later in the draft. I think you have Ertz a little low though.
- Wheaton above Keenan Allen? No way. Allen is incredible off the line and runs great routes, is super smooth. I also have Woods much higher. I think he's been overlooked b/c of Marquise Lee.
- Totally agree on Bostic....think he's a stud inside. Never liked Te'o, so 3rd round is ok with me. Ogletree in the 2nd also makes sense to me....the guy lacks instincts, slow to react, doesn't read keys but athletic as hell....think he's better suited for the outside.
- I think Arthur Brown is a little low, i'm thinking 2nd round. I also like Gerald Hodges more around the 4th instead of the 6th.
- Big fan of Hugh Thornton out of Illinois. Most mocks have him in the 4th, which i think is a steal! Glad to see you agree and have him ranked higher. Also like Alvin Bailey. Would like Miami to get either one.
- Wow, you really blasted Menelik Watson. 7th round for the Brit!!
- I agree that Shamarko Thomas is completely underrated at the moment due to his height. The guy can fly and hit like a truck. I like Cyprien in the 2nd though.

Wasn't he doing interviews at the combine? Crazy stuff. He was so good before that freak thing, will be interesting to see where a team rolls the dice on him, having plenty tape of that ceiling he has. I remember hearing that whatever it was that he tore isn't any more likely to get injured than it was pre-injury - though it was such a rare thing, who knows.

Only the doctors can say. But I heard him say that immediately after surgery, his doctor said he should be back to playing football in something ludicrous like three months. So it might not be as career affecting as we'd assume.

Slimm I was wondering if u had any insight on a wr Ryan Spadola out do Lehigh. He is the son of my mothers co worker. Saw he ran a 4.41 unofficial I believe and I did not see him on your wr listing. Just was looking for some intelligent feedback, I was impressed enough her son got a combine invite but was looking for a little more info if you got it.

thanks

Slim, can you elaborate on why Carradine is your #1 rated defensive end?

Some comments:

- I can't put Zac Stacy above Franklin and Ball....i like those guys too much.
- I like the Mike James 5th round grade. I don't think he goes there b/c i think he's undervalued, but he can do a lot from special teams to 3rd down blocking/receiving and spot duty carries. He'll definitely make a roster imo.
- BIG fan of Kelce. I have him ranked really high as well. Also a fan of Stoneburner....i think he'll be a good value later in the draft. I think you have Ertz a little low though.
- Wheaton above Keenan Allen? No way. Allen is incredible off the line and runs great routes, is super smooth. I also have Woods much higher. I think he's been overlooked b/c of Marquise Lee.
- Totally agree on Bostic....think he's a stud inside. Never liked Te'o, so 3rd round is ok with me. Ogletree in the 2nd also makes sense to me....the guy lacks instincts, slow to react, doesn't read keys but athletic as hell....think he's better suited for the outside.
- I think Arthur Brown is a little low, i'm thinking 2nd round. I also like Gerald Hodges more around the 4th instead of the 6th.
- Big fan of Hugh Thornton out of Illinois. Most mocks have him in the 4th, which i think is a steal! Glad to see you agree and have him ranked higher. Also like Alvin Bailey. Would like Miami to get either one.
- Wow, you really blasted Menelik Watson. 7th round for the Brit!!
- I agree that Shamarko Thomas is completely underrated at the moment due to his height. The guy can fly and hit like a truck. I like Cyprien in the 2nd though.

i swear psu that you should be a guru...this guy knows how to rate talent folks...in the event i ever get a job which i've already had convos with my wife about pursuing it i'm coming to get ya...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom