Slimm's 2016 Offensive Line (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2016 Offensive Line (Seniors)

People keep mentioning Isaiah Battle as a first round talent, but I can't think of a single place I've read that. I've only seen him play in a couple of games, so I have no clue. What's your take? Where would he land on this list?

Give me Decker ((Ohio State)) or give me death!!

Decker has to take on Bosa and other top notch OSU guys every day in practice. He is tall and long. If he can improve his knee bend and feet he should be a solid LT, which I feel we are going to need as Albert may be on his last legs...literally. If we don't take a LB, I think we need some offensive lineman at every spot except Center, where Pouncey will be at for many years to come. Decker can play the RT or LT spot.

DB posted Joe Dahl LT Wash St, RS Sr. He is 6-5, 310 but looks very light on feet, resets very well, has athleticism and strong big upper body to control defenders. To nitpick, he leans slightly, back is not straight, but he makes it up with strenght and light feet to reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11FQZaQvZrk

Stanford OG Joshua Garnett is a beast.....nation's top-rated offensive guard? He can flat out pancake guys. Great run blocker.

Stanford OG Joshua Garnett is a beast.....nation's top-rated offensive guard? He can flat out pancake guys. Great run blocker.

He's a people mover but as far as seniors I like Alexander, Turner, and Westerman more.

I guess I'm a bit late. If he's #51 at left guard I visited this thread to mention him. I've been catching up on my Stanford tapes.

Very impressive. Agile upper body and also a mean streak. He is more mobile than I gave him credit for early in the season. Gets to the second level with ease. Stanford really demands that of their linemen.

I'm still sick the Dolphins let a couple of guys get beyond them the past two drafts. Seantrel Henderson fell ridiculously far two years ago and last year the entire league overreacted to T.J. Clemmings' problems at the Senior Bowl. He looks fine as a pro. We could have had Clemmings at great value and then Brett Hundley also. Hard to believe a quarterback with that much talent will slip so far in the forthcoming drafts.

Clemmings would have been a tremendous value. I really wish we had gotten him. But the same is true of Trai Turner a couple of years ago, one of my favorites and he fell to the bottom of the 3rd round.

I'm still scratching my head over Turner. Maybe 20 people on here, including me, were looking at that kid as a stud. Other amateur draftniks were raving about him for their teams on other sites. And nobody pulls the trigger till he almost hits the fourth round. Would have loved us to take him. I wasn't so high on Clemmings, which was obviously my mistake.

As to Garnett...I guess I'm in the minority. No doubt you look at the Stanford blockers and really appreciate what they've put together. But the guys that stand out to me are the two tackles and the tight end Hooper, plus the extra blockers they bring in. What also stands out to me is the way they use their blockers, such as when they have RG Johnny Caspers slide inside to C on short yardage downs. This is something I've been begging Miami to do for a long time since Pouncey can be so weak at the point of attack. You get into a short yardage situation and I'd rather get a bigger, stronger guy in there to fire off the line and then have Pouncey play somewhere on the line where maneuverability is more important.

I'm still scratching my head over Turner. Maybe 20 people on here, including me, were looking at that kid as a stud. Other amateur draftniks were raving about him for their teams on other sites. And nobody pulls the trigger till he almost hits the fourth round. Would have loved us to take him. I wasn't so high on Clemmings, which was obviously my mistake.

I was raving about Trai...easily my favorite guard in that class value wise. Really wanted him at the Billy pick. Trai would just pancake guy after guy and he moved well. Cherry on top is he's performing as a pass blocker now too...

I liked Trai Turner but like so many LSU players he seemed a bit rag tag and undisciplined. That entire program under Miles has a shirt-tails-out freewheeling style -- relying on pure talent -- and sometimes I get confused. I expect them to remain that out of control forever.

With Stanford it's exactly the opposite. They do so many things well the specific players can receive too much credit. Only recently and specifically at offensive line has their talent level caught up with the sophistication.

The first thing I do every week in regard to college football is tape the Stanford games. Then for some reason I often save them for weeks and months while wading through all the garbage spread teams and getting rid of those tapes immediately.

Landon Turner looks really bad. Everything about his game is lazy and sluggish to me. I think he really hurt his stock this season. I heard great things.

Like what I see from Westerman. Light on his feet and a mean streak. Guy I'd pull the trigger on in the mid-rounds from first glance.

Back
Top Bottom