Slimm's 2017 Linebackers (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Linebackers (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. T.J. Watt / Wisconsin / 6'4", 252 (#7 overall)

2. Raekwon McMillan / Ohio St. / 6'2", 240 (#29 overall)

3. Zach Cunningham / Vanderbilt / 6'3", 234 (#106 overall)

4. Anthony Walker / Northwestern / 6'1", 235
(#136 overall)
-Mv8r-vxHUrWHF5_RPi88Hv7kDOi6VvuvmaU5fxghDmsMOPH1NTo12Voy6Ir3NHQO7WXRydH_NiO2vPYstckuUTksrhhLEZsAkgmXxJg97S37f4O51XFnQLxoHV83sjo3CdTnw

5. Marcus Oliver / Indiana / 6'1", 240
(#182 overall)
920x920.jpg

6. Elijah Lee / Kansas St. / 6'2", 230 (#203 overall)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very difficult at this point to convince me that any linebacker goes in that top spot above Anthony Walker. Kid ran a verified 4.48 in high school at Nike Camp, has a 4.0 GPA and was doing push ups at age 2 years old. And his tape is ludicrous.

Very difficult at this point to convince me that any linebacker goes in that top spot above Anthony Walker. Kid ran a verified 4.48 in high school at Nike Camp, has a 4.0 GPA and was doing push ups at age 2 years old. And his tape is ludicrous.
Top 5 pick?

Just out of curiosity, where would you put alex anzalone on this list now that there's enough film to evaluate him? If he declares - which he should if he manages to stay healthy for once - he is going to be drafted. There's a lot to like there besides size. He's really active without over pursuing, which is something I look for. Always moving. Picks the right hole and is involved in the play. Really knows how to fill and get off blocks. Violent, efficient blitzer. Knows where to sit in the zone and holds his own in limited man opportunities.

Not a ton of holes that jump out at me. He doesn't play in space a ton so speed maybe in question - florida fooled the **** out of me with how they used spikes and scheme has been pretty consistent forever so I can't overlook that. But I think he's better than Davis in coverage, for whatever that's worth.

I'm thinking he could see the 3rd. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, where would you put alex anzalone on this list now that there's enough film to evaluate him? If he declares - which he should if he manages to stay healthy for once - he is going to be drafted. There's a lot to like there besides size. He's really active without over pursuing, which is something I look for. Always moving. Picks the right hole and is involved in the play. Really knows how to fill and get off blocks. Violent, efficient blitzer. Knows where to sit in the zone and holds his own in limited man opportunities.

Not a ton of holes that jump out at me. He doesn't play in space a ton so speed maybe in question - florida fooled the **** out of me with how they used spikes and scheme has been pretty consistent forever so I can't overlook that. But I think he's better than Davis in coverage, for whatever that's worth.

I'm thinking he could see the 3rd. What do you think?

I like the way he plays, whats his injury history?

I like the way he plays, whats his injury history?

Pretty continuous up to this season. He played in maybe 5 games last season before a shoulder injury sidelined him the rest of the way. Has been hurt his entire college career up until now. Nothing major or recurring, but troublesome nonetheless.

Cunningham just timed up a field goal block, jumped over the offensive line, and enveloped the kicker before he got to the ball. It was insane. I'd prob bump him to #2 on this list after walker, if not 1. One of the more impressive years I've seen from a LB in quite some time. And he's got the frame to add plenty of bulk in the nfl. He's one of those guys that could easily have a more impressive career on sundays once he's surrounded by nfl talent. Would be nice if he made it to us in the 2nd. Hate we traded away picks last year. This draft is looking deep and man do the fins need all the ammo they can get.

Still wondering what your thoughts on anzalone were slimm.

Cunningham just timed up a field goal block, jumped over the offensive line, and enveloped the kicker before he got to the ball. It was insane. I'd prob bump him to #2 on this list after walker, if not 1. One of the more impressive years I've seen from a LB in quite some time. And he's got the frame to add plenty of bulk in the nfl. He's one of those guys that could easily have a more impressive career on sundays once he's surrounded by nfl talent. Would be nice if he made it to us in the 2nd. Hate we traded away picks last year. This draft is looking deep and man do the fins need all the ammo they can get.

Still wondering what your thoughts on anzalone were slimm.

At the rate he's going, he'll have around 22 TFL and 140 tackles on the season, and he looks like he'll test well. I'd be surprised to see him fall to the 2nd.

Boy you were NOT kidding. I thought maybe you were. Thought you were pulling a Lazarius Levingston.

Rashaan Evans can be a hard evaluation because quite frankly he's not on the field that much. If you're trying to spot #32, just take a wider view of the defense and wait to see if there's a player that is playing football at a different speed from everyone else. That's him. And it's not just the speed, the guy is the friggin energizer bunny from a motor standpoint.

That's how I felt about Deion Jones a year ago, despite his size. But of course I don't think Evans has a size issue unless he's trying to be a DE like Bama has him at times.

I never thought he'd enter the draft so I hadn't bothered to look at T.J. Watt.

WOW.

He takes a lot of traits off his older brother, most notably his quick reaction to the football and ability to knock it down with his hands. I mean all the other cliche stuff is there too with respect to his relentlessness, nastiness, hands, etc. Obviously J.J. is the bigger and more powerful guy. But pound for pound, T.J. is pretty damn strong too.

Walker imo didn't look nor play the same after the weight gain this season. Many times he looked sluggish and slow (Nebraska game is an example ) so his ranking could drop.

Foster is numero uno, Cunningham and McMillan are neck and neck for 2nd best MLB prospect.

What's your take CK, Slimm, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom