Slimm's 2018 Defensive Ends (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2018 Defensive Ends (Underclassman)

Teams game plan away from Ferrell. Austin Bryant has seen his production jump as a result.

Bryant is often the end that teams choose to leave unblocked or try to block him with a RB. Which is also a bad matchup for them, just the lesser of two evils so to speak.

Clemson's entire DL is a bad matchup for most anybody. You have to scheme somebody and they're all good.

Am I missing anything with Jalen Jelks?

Looks the part, plays the part, not given easy tasks in Oregon's defense but he executes those tasks and does some things more frequently than he's supposed to be able to do given his role. He's not handed production on a silver platter, that's for sure.

Seems like a young, lengthy, physically gifted player that will get better at finishing plays as he matures.

He doesn't have the hands of Marcus Davenport, but it seems like there's a place for Jalen Jelks in the NFL.

Jelks got better every week. Could be a high 1st rounder by next year. He's fairly new to football, still a lot of upside. Kids like that are really exactly what the NFL is looking for.

Considering the clusterflock that was the former FSU defensive coaching staff, Josh Sweat needs an impressive whiteboard before considering above the 3rd.

Just watched my first tape of Clelin Ferrell, against Va Tech- interesting prospect with size/strength/explosion but I'm not overly blown away. Kind of choppy with his feet and hands, strikes me as somewhat inefficient in his movement. I look at him and I see a big, strong, forceful player with some speed but probably not the greatest , most coordinated athlete. Kind of like if I was looking at TE's and reviewing some Ferrell Edmunds film. Size, speed, power but something missing. Granted this is just the first tape.

Interesting to see Clemson drop Austin Bryant into zone coverage on the play at the 6:21 mark and #11 Isiah Simmons seems to be flying all over the place.

Just watched my first tape of Clelin Ferrell, against Va Tech- interesting prospect with size/strength/explosion but I'm not overly blown away. Kind of choppy with his feet and hands, strikes me as somewhat inefficient in his movement. I look at him and I see a big, strong, forceful player with some speed but probably not the greatest , most coordinated athlete. Kind of like if I was looking at TE's and reviewing some Ferrell Edmunds film. Size, speed, power but something missing. Granted this is just the first tape.

Interesting to see Clemson drop Austin Bryant into zone coverage on the play at the 6:21 mark and #11 Isiah Simmons seems to be flying all over the place.

Simmons is going to be a star for Clemson and the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom