Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Wide Receivers (underclassman)

How do you feel about Jeudy as WR4 behind Wallace, Lamb, and Shenault?

I think they’d all be as good as Jeudy in Bama’s offense, but they’re all three more physical and can break tackles that Jeudy can’t. It’s just the physicality of these three that’s a notch above Jeudy.

Although they’re all comparable in terms of being great at RAC - especially Jeudy - it’s just the physicality difference that sticks out to me.

How do you feel about Jeudy as WR4 behind Wallace, Lamb, and Shenault?

I think they’d all be as good as Jeudy in Bama’s offense, but they’re all three more physical and can break tackles that Jeudy can’t. It’s just the physicality of these three that’s a notch above Jeudy.

Although they’re all comparable in terms of being great at RAC - especially Jeudy - it’s just the physicality difference that sticks out to me.

It's tough for me tbh. I think Jeudy is the best at getting open, and I do think that matters a lot, but in recent years, there seems to be a trend to weight it too much.

From a draft-strategy standpoint, I'd take whichever I could get cheapest - with a preference for Wallace, because he's so tenacious. I think they're all really good prospects with high upsides, but I can see scenarios where each would fail to develop. It just happens a lot at WR - probably because a lot of them are drafted to help bad passing games/bad QB's. I do agree that Jeudy isn't as physical as the rest of that group. I'd say that Shenault needs the most development, and Wallace is probably the least physically gifted. Lamb is pretty good across the board - almost reminds me of a better version of Michael Gallup - looser hips, more refined.

Jeudy is just very similar to Calvin Ridley - slight frame, doesn’t break tackles, outstanding route runner, incredible acceleration and elusiveness. I like this comparison for Jeudy.

Lamb reminds me so much of Amari Cooper. I like that comparison for him.

Tylan Wallace reminds me a lot of D.J. Moore, a guy you and I both liked a lot.

Shenault has nearly Julio Jones level skill set. Not quite, but it’s as close as I’ve seen. He’s just had to deal with some nagging injuries and inconsistent QB play.

Shenault has nearly Julio Jones level skill set. Not quite, but it’s as close as I’ve seen. He’s just had to deal with some nagging injuries and inconsistent QB play.

I was wondering why people don't talk about Leviska Shenault anymore. He's still an elite level WR prospect. Guy runs like a f--kin horse. Those thick legs, can't be stopped or even interrupted. Knows how to get open, run after the catch, excellent hands. Again, just look at that base of his on the hoof.

CK, I saw your tweets on Colorado State's Warren Jackson. I was hoping someone from Finheaven, would notice him. I've seen 5 games so far this year. And all Warren does is stand out. He looks like an NBA Power Forward playing NFL WR. He's got the broadest shoulder's I've seen on a WR. What are your thoughts?

The ND WR/RB/FB/HB/TE, Chase Claypool interests me.

He'll be underdrafted due to low WR production but his QB play left a lot to be desired.

Under utilized.

They even tried to feed him the rock at RB just to get him involved.

He was their default short distance back.

Imagine Parker and Williams on the boundary with 6'4 Claypool in the slot/HB and Gesicki at TE!

Jeez!

An accurate QB, with good placement, could just pick one presnap and force it to any of them.

Forget about reading defenses, lol!

I have not been wowed in any way by Tylan Wallace ...however Jalen Reagor is a stud a home run weapon.

This draft seems to have a good amount of slot type WRs that could excel at the next level...I really like Hamler if we look day 2 and Bowden on Day 3.

I'm I wrong thinking 2 sophomore receivers LSU Ja'marr Chase and Clemson Justin Ross our as good as Jerry Jeudy? Not sure about the 2021 class as a whole but top end talent could be on par with the 2020 class.

I'm I wrong thinking 2 sophomore receivers LSU Ja'marr Chase and Clemson Justin Ross our as good as Jerry Jeudy? Not sure about the 2021 class as a whole but top end talent could be on par with the 2020 class.

Lamb and Higgins are better than Jeudy. Different but better.

Jeff Thomas of the Canes declared as early entry. No surprise. He wasn't exactly a scholar. Several suspensions and problems within the program, although nothing disqualifying by itself.

He was highly rated at one point. Thomas looked like a future star in the high school all star game. Showed flashes of that early in his Miami career then strangely seemed to lose of the burst and elusiveness. He can't afford that because the remainder of his game needs work. He tends to wait for the ball instead of fighting for it or drawing a penalty.

In early 2018 Thomas would have been rated above Diontae Johnson, who is starring for the Steelers right now. Johnson is more competitive than Thomas but I like to keep the early evaluations in mind. When Miami and Toledo faced each other in early 2018, both receivers had big games with more than 100 yards apiece.

Back
Top Bottom