Duke Williams - Nevada

Johnathan Cyprien - Florida International

Offensive Tackles:

Jeff Nady - Nevada

Tanner Hawkinson - Kansas

Offensive Guards:

Chris McDonald - Michigan St.

Adam Masters - UCONN

Mark Popek - USF (looks like a tackle to me)

Mark Jackson - Glenville St.

Center:

Braxton Cave - Notre Dame

Joe Madsen - West Virginia

DE/OLB:

Quanterus Smith - Western Kentucky

Trevardo Williams - UCONN

Toben Opurum - Kansas

Lerentee McCray - Florida

Walter Stewart - Cincinnati

Jamie Collins - Southern Miss

Cornellius Carradine - Florida St.

Travis Long - Washington St.

David Bass - Missouri Western St.

Willie Jefferson - Stephen F. Austin

Lavar Edwards - LSU

DT/DE:

Joe Vellano - Maryland

Jake McDonough - Iowa St.

Josh Mauro - Stanford

Izaan Cross - Georgia Tech

Anthony Rashad-White - Michigan St.

Brandon Williams - Missouri Southern St.

Cornerback:

Terry Hawthorne - Illinois

Broderick Brown - Oklahoma St.

D.J. Hayden - Houston

B.W. Webb - William & Mary

Darius Slay - Mississippi St.

Marcus Williams - North Dakota St.

T'Sharvan Bell - Auburn

Outside Linebacker:

Khaseem Greene - Rutgers

Zaviar Gooden - Missouri

Jeron Gouveia-Winslow - Virginia Tech

Daren Bates - Auburn

Inside Linebacker:

Demetrius Hartsfield - Maryland

Steve Beauharnais - Rutgers

Jake Johnson - South Alabama

Cameron Lawrence - Mississippi St.

Bruce Taylor - Virginia Tech

Last edited by a moderator:
no curtis mcneal the back for usc...underrated kid there...gonna make a pro roster

You don't think the O-lineman turned DE from Missouri (I think his name is Brad Madison) is underrated? I mean for a guy who was playing OL just last year he's done some nice things. Could be a kid with a lot of potential and room for growth.

Nassib is going to be one of those kids that is going to rise thru the draft process IMO. His team is god awful and to be honest I think some of the Syracuse play calling is lack luster...Of coursed they are strapped for talent..Syracuse played Stony Brook this past weekend and was losing at half time. They also had a goalline situation and were afraid to try and punch the ball in...

But Back on Nassib, he has good arm strength and accuracy, He also has good size and anticapation with his throws. He is also pretty athletic. I think he ends up going in around the 3rd round.

Overrated; Significantly flawed in certain areas that I absolutely do not like:

Landry Jones / QB / Oklahoma

Mike Glennon / QB / N.C. State

E.J. Manuel / QB / Florida St.

Alex Carder / QB / Western Michigan

Johnathan Franklin / RB / UCLA

Isi Sofele / RB / California

Terrence Williams / WR / Baylor

Russell Shepard / WR / LSU

Keenan Davis / WR / Iowa

Cobi Hamilton / WR / Arkansas

T.J. McDonald / S / USC

Shawn Williams / S / Georgia

David Quessenberry / OT / San Jose St.

Omoregie Uzzi / OG / Georgia Tech

Braden Hansen / OG / BYU

Camden Wentz / C / N.C. State

Kenny Tate / OLB / Maryland

no curtis mcneal the back for usc...underrated kid there...gonna make a pro roster

I don't necessarily dislike Curtis McNeal, in fact I think he could be considered underrated for what he is.... which is an undersized scatback. However, there's just other backs in that category that I think are a little better. The fact that Lane Kiffin went so hard after Silas Redd in the first place and beat him out after less than a month in a Trojan uniform doesn't help him. Redd is merely decent, and has no clue when it comes to pass protection.

You don't think the O-lineman turned DE from Missouri (I think his name is Brad Madison) is underrated? I mean for a guy who was playing OL just last year he's done some nice things. Could be a kid with a lot of potential and room for growth.

Madison is a decent prospect but he's been playing on the defensive line for several years. He couldn't do anything with LaAdrian Waddle, Luke Joeckel, or Jake Matthews last year... which are NFL caliber offensive tackles. I think if he's considered as a mid-late rounder it suits him about right.

Love Brad Sorenson. I think he's a guy a team can snag in the mid rounds and develop into a decent player.

Unsure about Nassib. I know he looked great against Northwestern, but against USC he looked extremely nervous in the pocket. I understand USC is a talented team, but their front 7 outside of Dion Bailey isn't much to write home about.

Nassib just tries to do too much a lot of times because he knows he has to for Syracuse to win. I've watched him for 3 years and he's always been a gamer, that's his best attribute. A lot like it was Jake Locker's best attribute. He didn't look extremely nervous in the pocket against USC, he just made some bad decisions by trying to do too much. He still played a terrific game despite making some early mistakes. He brought his team back from 3 score deficits twice against USC in the 2nd half. His defense had a chance to get a key stop when Syracuse had the momentum that would give him the ball back again, only to see 3 Syracuse defenders all miss what amounts to a routine tackle on the TE (Grimble) that let him score.

He's never really playing with a lead, he's always playing from behind and has to press his luck.

Now if you want to see what nervous in the pocket looks like watch Mike Glennon. Landry Jones' pocket presence is only slightly better than Glennon's. It gets worse every year for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah yes, Mike Glennon... the man O'Brien chose over Russell Wilson at NC State

I should clarify what I meant by nervous with Nassib, there were a bunch of points I felt he got happy feet a bit too much and it hurt his throws

Darius Slay is a nice call. I'm bound to have a soft spot for Dwayne's little brother. I used to love watching Dwayne play, though obviously he was too slow for the pro game.

So for the forth year running I poise the question, if Miami wanted to draft a play making FS who is the ticket this off season? Assuming Jones keeps improving and locks down the SS position.

Do any of your underrated players on this list fit the bill in a round 2 or 3 or does Miami have to go after a one the first?

I still think the Dolphins may have a FS solution already on roster. Like it or not, Richard Marshall is here on a pretty significant contract. I'd like to try him there and then revamp the corner unit.

I still think the Dolphins may have a FS solution already on roster. Like it or not, Richard Marshall is here on a pretty significant contract. I'd like to try him there and then revamp the corner unit.

Good point CK, I hadn't entertained that idea I guess. Food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom