so how do we beat the Pats? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so how do we beat the Pats?

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It certainly does help that Gronk is gone. But to me, they key is their running game. They have quietly been rushing for 200 yards a game the past two, and it is aided by very long runs by Burkhead and Lewis. How this offensive line has that push leads me to believe defenses are playing more nickel and dime packages to offset the run, and Pats, are countering with ball control. So with Gronk out, can Miami or should they have more personnel on the front and make Pats one-dimensional? I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. But Miami did get pressure on Brady the last game, so maybe they can dial up some pressure?

First get team to understand these 2 RB's are very stoppable. Don't be afraid of them and try and overreact with some elaborate scheme to stop Eric Dickerson and Adrian Petersen. Just look at the history of the players. very stoppable
press coverage on WR's and blitz Brady a lot hitting him. So what if we give up big plays. Have been doing that anyway. At least hopefully hitting Brady at very least.
Use FB with Drake no running from shotgun
Move the pocket here and tehre and no bubble screens. Slants and crossing patterns instead.
Feed Drake maybe try Parker in slot

Figure out a way to get Belichick to retire as soon as possible. Sadly, I think he is going to continue to win when Brady is gone. Every single piece of that team has been replaced over and over again and they are consistently the top team in the league. Even without Brady, they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. They also went 4-0 or 3-1 without him last season. He seems to have a true "plug and play" system.

Bottom line is our lbs cant cover, especially Kiko. They will exploit that weakness as everyone else has all year. Bellicheat watches film.

To be successful against the Pats, you HAVE to pressure Tom Brady. We have to be creative on how we do that and we have to be consistent about it. That is the only way in my opinion....

First get team to understand these 2 RB's are very stoppable. Don't be afraid of them and try and overreact with some elaborate scheme to stop Eric Dickerson and Adrian Petersen. Just look at the history of the players. very stoppable
press coverage on WR's and blitz Brady a lot hitting him. So what if we give up big plays. Have been doing that anyway. At least hopefully hitting Brady at very least.
Use FB with Drake no running from shotgun
Move the pocket here and tehre and no bubble screens. Slants and crossing patterns instead.
Feed Drake maybe try Parker in slot

Yup, break but dont bend.

Play them the way other teams play us.

Stack the LoS, press coverage all the way and hope our Pass rush can get to Brady before one of his get open.

On O....ugh. Gotta work their secondary, work their linebackers in the passing game. Pretty much what other teams do to us.

Control the clock, keep Brady off the field, hopefully keep the game close in the 4th quarter and hope we can make some plays.

You got a lot of pressure last game and got crushed.

I want to know what they did to clean up their pass defense from the first 4-6 games and if we can attack that again

Here's my opinion:
In the first game we hit Brady a lot, Probably many more times than the Patriots want to see him get hit. Dion Lewis averaged 7+ yards a carry vs our defense but only had 15 carries. I think NE will try to pound us more to limit the hits on Tom Brady. We have to shut down their running game or they'll keep our defense off balance all night (they probably will anyway). It wold be nice to get a lead and tee off on Brady but I'm pipe dreaming. nothing we've seen in 2017 supports that dream.

On offense, the Pats will force Cutler to be precise and make lots of plays to drive us down the field because they know he will likely make a mistake. He has to play a clean game and spread the ball around to make NE pay for taking away our best guy. Again highly unlikely. I have no clue how NE is hiding the front 7 made up of Jags. Maybe they're way more talented than I think but David Harris Corpse and Miami castoff Trevor Reilly see snaps on defense. We have to somehow attack their LB's in the passing game.

I don't think we'll win but I would love too. I live in NE and a friend of mine (Pats fan) goes down on occasion to watch this game. Miami's won the last 3 he's attended if you believe in Dumb superstition.

Back
Top Bottom