So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

My biggest issue is that he is under 6 feet. Yes, I know there are exceptions to that, but not often. Basically you better have pin point accuracy and amazing QB vision/progressions ability if you are going to be short. I am not sure about Murray's accuracy as I have not watched him much.

Can anyone speak on his accuracy and ability to read progressions?
The most accurate passer and league leading passer in history is drew brees and he’s barely 6 feet isn’t he?

keep draft dt and ot in first rd and it be another 18 yr. N.E will still be winning afc east.. if players is that good u pick him and hope for best. when come to qb;;; if he suck or avg by yr 3 or 4 it time look for another qb.

Last edited:
Take a chance if he's there at 13. Maybe even trade up a few spots, just don't sell the farm. But like other people have mentioned, I'd rather us sure up the OL first.

I'm super concerned with his size and durability playing in the NFL. Go D in round 1 this year and figure out QB in 2020.

He probably definitely declared because he had a top 5 grade from the advisory board. He’s going to get picked up by one of those top 5 teams. Kingsbury and Gruden have a hard on for the kid.

I'd be on board with drafting him at 13 if he's still available. I also have a slight suspicion that he's going to slide in the draft further than what most people might think and a bunch of teams are going to be pretty pissed off in a few years looking back. We'll see though.

I just think it's hard to believe so many peeps are like onboard with this kid when he had

1 year in college mostly against crap Ds and when he played a legit D he was stuffed

until the game was pretty much over (yea yea scored some "respect points" but completed

only like 50% and ran for 100 -- but the kid was rattled out of the box).

Definitely the type of sure thing winner we want to risk (let alone mortgage) our future with!

NOT.

Brother, ain't that the truth. This is EXACTLY the kind of guy that does that to us.

I remember watching Ted Ginn and thinking we just hit the jackpot, the human joystick ain't got nothing on this kid. Turns out he like the sideline more than the endzone.

At 13 though, I'm pulling the trigger- hands down.

Jump up for him? What's the price because I wouldn't be willing to give much. We are just not in a position to reach.

But at 13... I'm going back to church.

I hear you and disagree with you @13. My thinking is simply the QB position, more than any other, is one you take a serious "chance" on. If you're willing to take a chance on Murray at 13 then why wait and hope he drops to you?

Go up and get him! Because the worst thing, IMO, is to wait and he gets selected by someone else and goes on to be great. Going up and gettting him and he turns out to be bad isn't nearly as bad as the other scenario.

Of course, this is all predicated on you've done your due diligence on the player.

if murry is gone. I still would draft a qb in 3rd or 4th rd Jackson, grier or stidham
dolphins want everybody else be good except qb.

Last edited:
He won't be there at 13 but would be within our grasp but we'll have to give up the farm. Curious to see what our regime thinks about him. Combine will be telling he'll either drop a tad or climb drastically

The most accurate passer and league leading passer in history is drew brees and he’s barely 6 feet isn’t he?
Come on man. Drew is the exception to the rule.

How about the other 100, or so guys that were small.

I'll give you Flutie, and Wilson, neither of which, I would consider "elite", but it rarely works long term.

I don’t know if my current fascination with Murray has more to do with his talent, or the past 20 years or so of watching the Dolphins.

they are currently showing his highlights on TV, and he looks like a tot.

no way are drafting a tot to be our QB, guy is tiny.

I wouldn’t trade draft capital for him, but I would take a shot at him at 13. If he didn’t work out, then we would be in good position to try And draft a QB high next year.

except we are talking about the Miami Ds the more he sucked the more
they would want to develop him. we would end up with another tanny like 8 year residence.
why dont we get a regular qb? leave the projects to guru coach? the WR qbs and tiny qbs?

Back
Top Bottom