So what happens if we pass with the 1st? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what happens if we pass with the 1st?

NewPhinPhan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I'm not the most familiar guy with the Draft, as I've usually not paid much attention to it, and I follow more college ball.

What happens if, with the overall #1 pick, the Dolphins simply take a pass? Do they lose the pick? Or do they still have it to use at any time?

Has this ever happened?

And finally, what are people's opinions of what they could see happening if Miami DID pass in the beginning?

Thanks.

If it did we wouldn't lose the pick. They would announce when it's sent in. I've never seen it happen with the first pick, but I have seen a team run over and send their pick in late. I've only seen that happen once.

we would lose the chanec to select chris long and still have to pay whoever we select #1 overall money when they holdout. it wont happen

Agreed. It wont happen ... the only possible benefit to it would be the chance you could pay your pick less money, but i doubt the players agent would allow that to happen anyway. So IMO its not worth the chance that you wont get the guy you want.

And i know it has happened at least 2 times in years past, cause the Vikings did it 2 years in a row. When the Vikings didnt turn there pick in, the Jaguars immediately ran to the table and picked Leftwich ahead of the Viks.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Stop These Threads

Back
Top Bottom