So while Beck is steadily... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So while Beck is steadily...

:sidelol: one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Quinn hired a pretty competent agent to get him more money, I dont think he expected to walk into Phil Savages office flash a smile and get more money.

Why not dude, its worked EVERYWHERE he has been all his life. His "Charmed" life has just ended and this is his 1st foray in to the real world.

Quinn is only hurting himself with his holdout.
I wish him the best though.

Quinn thought that, his agent thought that, everyone on ESPN/NFL network thought that, all of south Florida thought that, hell I am sure you did as well.

The Beck/Quinn comparisons will always be made among Dolphins fans...and that is to be expected. They ARE NOT idiots as you claim unjustifiably. Fans are entitled to their own opinions, and that includes making comparisons of recent history and discussing the alternatives to what took place...how they feel about what happened, and whether or not they agree with what our coaches did on draft day.

You want to know the most notorious example of the media/fans making a comparison such as this in recent NFL history?

- Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf

So you're telling me that Chargers fans are not allowed to consider the "what if" factor? That they cannot compare those 2 quarterbacks who at the time were considered equal? That they're idiots for being upset about missing out on a hall of fame QB? You're ignorant of the way people think if you have a problem with comparisons...they're all around us, involved in every facet of life.

To your first point, I did think we would draft Quinn. But I wasn't upset that we didn't. You can ask Rick1966 (the guy with the Csonka picture) who I was speaking with on the phone when we drafted. I was fine with the pick. I thought our biggest weakness, even more than QB, was speed. If nothing else, Ginn gives us speed.

To your second point, I freely admitted that people have a right to their opinions, and I have a right to mine. And IMO, if people single us out to dwell on the fate of BQ, thats stupidity. But people do and think stupid things all the time. Its their right.

The situation of Manning and Leaf isn't quite the same as BQ vs TG and JB. Those were the first two picks in the draft. And IMO, the Chargers shouldn't be faulted for drafting Leaf...he was a consensus pick that just busted. Thats all. They could be faulted for giving up as much as they did for to move one spot. To me, what they gave the Cardinals was crazy.

But the Chargers didn't pass on Manning. The Colts got to make the choice, and they made the right one. Nothing the Chargers could do.

Let me put this to you another way....If Ginn is a bust and Quinn is great, but the rest of their draft sucks and four of our picks turn out to be perennial Pro Bowlers, who had the better draft? IOW, we shouldn't spend one second worrying about which one of their players does this or doesnt do that. We should be damn hopeful for all of our players.

I didn't like Jimmy Johnson, but he said something one day that made alot of sense. In the draft, you only worry about the players you get. That stuck with me through the years.

Now if I was a Cleveland fan, I'd be nervous because Cleveland is on the hook with a double whammy for Quinn, because he cost them a first rounder next year. Thats pressure.

If Ginn doesn't work out, its just another first round bust in Miami in a long line. But I still think Ginn was a good pick. And I like the Beck pick. Whether they work out or not is a different issue.

But we needed speed and we needed a QB. We got Ginn and Booker to help us with the first need and we got Beck and Green to help at QB. I'm fine with it. And I won't spend one minute worrying about Quinn as it relates to grading our draft. And no other intelligent person should either.

the only thing I want to add is that people need to realize that Cleveland fans didn't want him; they love Anderson and Frye. Most of them are pissed that they traded to get Quinn.

that's not a knock on Quinn, but jus saying that he's not exactly being welcomed with open arms

But Quinn wouldn't be holding out if he was picked at #9. He would have signed. He is holding out because he fell to the late 1st round.

So this whole...."thank god we didn't take Quinn".......makes no sense because the situation would be totally different

Why do all these Quinn threads seem like a jilted lover syndrome? I love the justification for our draft, by calling Quinn a prima donna....or making fun of his gf's physical attributes. How about using the play of both players on the field....not whether or not he is a pretty boy.

He's holding out for more money, big deal....it isn't the first or the last time it will happen, especially for the browns draft picks. Years from now....when we look at both QB's careers.....Im sure this holdout will not be in the conversation.

Right now, Beck looks like a great pick....but neither Beck or Quinn will be making or breaking their careers bc of training camp this year. Relax....

But Quinn wouldn't be holding out if he was picked at #9. He would have signed. He is holding out because he fell to the late 1st round.

So this whole...."thank god we didn't take Quinn".......makes no sense because the situation would be totally different

How in the world can you possibly know this?

You claim that Quinn is holding out because "he fell to the late 1st round". Whats to say he wouldn't be holding out if we picked him at number 9 because he fell out of the top three?

You don't/can't know. It is what it is. He was picked where he was picked by the team that picked him and he's holding out. Anything else is pure speculation by you and isn't backed up with facts.

And thats the bottom line.

Why do all these Quinn threads seem like a jilted lover syndrome? I love the justification for our draft, by calling Quinn a prima donna....or making fun of his gf's physical attributes. How about using the play of both players on the field....not whether or not he is a pretty boy.

He's holding out for more money, big deal....it isn't the first or the last time it will happen, especially for the browns draft picks. Years from now....when we look at both QB's careers.....Im sure this holdout will not be in the conversation.

Right now, Beck looks like a great pick....but neither Beck or Quinn will be making or breaking their careers bc of training camp this year. Relax....

How dare you try to bring reason and common sense to a thread by pathetic Dolphin fans about Brady Quinn.

so why is someone who got drafted in the 20s holding out again?

Back
Top Bottom