Some encouraging PFF grades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some encouraging PFF grades

Racefan99

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been posted, but happy to see some positive grades for Eric Smith and Lawrence Okoye last night. The Dolphins could use some good news.

Top 5 Grades
EDGE Terrence Fede, 85.5 overall grade
T Eric Smith, 83.8 overall grade
DI Nick Williams, 82.8 overall grade
DI Lawrence Okoye, 82.7 overall grade
LB Chase Allen, 82.7 overall grade

Performances of note:
T Eric Smith, 83.8 overall grade
It was a good day for the undrafted free agent out of Virginia, who played the second most snaps among all Dolphins offensive players (55 snaps). He allowed just one late QB hurry on 35 pass blocking snaps for a pass blocking efficiency of 97.5, tops of any tackle so far this preseason with at least 23 snaps in pass protection. He also finished with an impressive run blocking grade of 85.3.

WR Francis Owusu, 80.9 overall grade
It was impressive to see Owusu with such a high grade considering he only had two catches all game. But both catches were on throws over 20 yards in the air, which means Owusu had a perfect 100.0 percent catch rate on deep throws. Both catches were impressive back shoulder catches on third down, one of which went for a touchdown, which only added to Owusu’s impressive performance.

EDGE Terrence Fede, 85.5 overall grade
The former seventh-round draft pick played just 16 snaps but made his presence felt, generating a hit and a hurry on just six pass-rushes, for a pass rush productivity of 25.0. Fede also made two combined defensive stops, and finished the game with team-high overall grade of 85.5.

DI Lawrence Okoye, 82.7 overall grade
Okoye was disruptive in both the run and pass game, collecting two quarterback hurries, two tackles, and two solo stops on the night.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-miami-dolphins-23-atlanta-falcons-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Props to Smith for sure! I hope he makes the team on the 53. A guy to develop for sure along the OL

Owusu looked pretty solid, considering his lackluster college career

I did hear Fede's name a lot but my stream started to get pretty laggy and it was hard to tell what was going on. Good game from Allen too

Didn't notice Okoye, but it seemed like Godchaux did alright

Did anyone key in on Asiata?

How did Stringfellow grade out? 99.5? Hahaha.

Hopefully he makes the team so we can call him "Airwolf" after his surname-sake
Wiki-background

He and our competition Punter should be introduced in succession, you know like a Stringfellow Hawk sound-alike.

Great catch. I loved that show as a kid. Stringfellow as "Airwolf" great nickname. He showed speed I never saw in College. Hope he continues.

Yes I would like to see if Stringfellow really has that second gear or if the safety was just really slow on the play.

Looked to me more like the safety that was getting turned around after the corner fell down was slow and out of shape than anything else.

Looked like an obvious cut

I saw a gif of it

Very impressed by Fede last night. I've been extremely critical of him in the past since he looks so slow (thought he was going to get cut for sure this year) but he proved me wrong last night. If Fede can constantly play like he did yesterday, with his size and potential, he could be a huge part of our future which is what I am looking towards now (this season basically f***** already).

Eric Smith coming out of nowhere

Came out of the University of Virginia, like other NFL offensive Linemen such as Branden Albert, Eugene Monroe, and the long time Jets LT whose name escapes me at the moment. Lot of good OL from UVa. We even had one a long time ago named Mark Dixon who was pretty good.

Ted Slimm Jr., a good college talent scout who often posts in the draft forum, called Smith as one to watch and a coup for our UDFA class back when we originally signed him.

We weren't hearing rave reviews about Smith in ota's and early last week. Not bad reviews, nothing praising him either. My point being, just because we're not hearing a player's name in a number of OTA or training camp tweets doesn't mean the player isn't doing good things or improving. The same thing could be said about Owusu and Stringfellow. We heard about the starting receivers, Carroo, Grant and Morgan. Even moree about Scott and Ford before they go hurt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom