Some observations and things to tighten up on from panthers game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some observations and things to tighten up on from panthers game

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
Like to see the ball secured better..
The field was a little wet
and a couple of times the ball
popped out when the player hit the ground
once with Brandon once with Hartline..

The other time was when Daniel Thomas made his 1st leap from the 4 yard-line and the ball got knocked out lucky for us the panthers
had too many people on the field otherwise the panthers would have recovered and we would never had scored that touchdown..

While Thomas made a valiant effort with the leap you usually wont see a leap from the 4 yard line you prefer he at least waits till the 2 yard line
Also the leap really leaves the ball exposed its hard to leap and put both hands on the ball..

Shockey looks to still be a starting tight-end in this league looked decent against us i think shockey still has it as newton found him for a 17 yard gain..

Deangelo Williams didn't really impress im glad we invested in bush than Deanglo.

Bush is going to make henne look good when he checks down those passes last year got 5 yards will turn into 20 yarders and touchdowns.

I liked how our defense contained cam newton for the most part He got flushed out the pocket on numerous occasions and somebody was there to stop him from breaking a big run it is pretty impressive that henne outrun cam newton..

One thing i think henne needs to tighten up on is give the receiver more of a chance to catch the ball a few times this game he threw it out of bounds not giving hartline or fasano a chance to catch the ball one would have been a touchdown to fasano the other a big gain that would have put the dolphins in field goal range..

Again i think this is the henning effect henne is still dealing with..They preached to him to throw the ball away alot and not risk the turnover some of this is going to have to be coached out of him..

Next possession henne really comes through to fasano the ball was snapped over hennes head henne makes a 1 handed catch and hits fasano deep last year that would have been a turnover...
Then henne makes a nice run to the 4 yard line and Thomas finishes it out with a nice touchdown..

Is it me or does CLyde gates look uncomfortable returning kicks? Maybe he should just stick to learning the receiver position it would suck to lose our fastest deep threat..

Burnett is all over the field knocking down passes and stuffing the run this might be the best pickup of the year it is hard to imagine that the dolphins defense will not be better this year..Looks like J taylor still can put pressure on the QB This will only free wake more..

Nice read. I agree about Henne still being haunted by Henning/Lee, I hope he can break the chains this year!

Of course the idea that Henne is being "haunted by Henning and Lee" could be used to explain his poor play for the rest of his career. Over time it will simply become that "they ruined him."

Back
Top Bottom