Some surprising attendance figures I read... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising attendance figures I read...

I haven't made the argument that Buffalo has the best fans. We're certainly up there. But yes, I give up. Fan bases & their rabidity can be measured EXACTLY by attendance. You're right. Let's just print up the attendance sheet. Congratulations Miami. In the years 2000-2002 you had the 7th BEST FANS in the NFL. Fantastic. Do you think your fans will get worse if Buffalo slips ahead in attendance this year?!

Buffalo's fans suck. They always have. I think the fans are the ones who lack heart; every time i see them at Pro player stadium!

Originally posted by DNY

Seriously does no one remember the empty seats in playoff games versus Indy and the Ravens???? While other teams playoff tickets disappear in a matter of hours upon sale, we have to scratch and claw to sell out. Like I said it's great that the fans are there but I see no reason that's puts them above most other teams fans.

Wrong..both games were packed...no empty seat in the house...none.

Originally posted by DNY
Giants Stadium and JRS were designed by the same guys. I think Giants stadium is designed at a steeper angle then JRS. JRS seems more open and brighter.

Wrong again...PPS was designed by Joe Robbie with soccer in mind. He was a huge soccer and football fan. His dream was to have a world cup game hosted. PPS was designed in a way the typical english soccer stadium is designed. Look it up.

Lower level is lowin incline and the upper levels are steep to keep the fan close to the action.

Marcusreal: Buffalo's fans suck. They always have. I think the fans are the ones who lack heart

Stunning insight. Have you considered a career in sports journalism?!

:lol:

I have to wonder about the accuracy of this report. First, how does Giants stadium have more of a capacity when the jets play then when the giants play? also I was quite sure that buffalo increased there stadium a few years back to hold 80,000 fans..
I would like to see an official site that lists all the stadiums capacity.

Buffalo's capacity decreased because of luxury suites I believe. I think capacity is now 73, 000 and change. It used to be almost 80,000...

Originally posted by DNY
Many of those games sell out because TV buys the tickets.

That's very likely the case with many other teams... Obviously not the Cardinals, though...

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I have to wonder about the accuracy of this report. First, how does Giants stadium have more of a capacity when the jets play then when the giants play? also I was quite sure that buffalo increased there stadium a few years back to hold 80,000 fans..

It might have something to do with temporary seating...

Re: Re: Re: Some surprising attendance figures I read...

Originally posted by FFiB

Now, early leavers....you have that only when the game is almost decided...we are up by a couple TDs or we are down by a couple TDs. If the game is close...people stay. But that is a phenomen which is being seen in 90% of NFL stadiums.

Can't agree with you on the early leavers FFib.

IMO our fans are the worst at that. I go to most if not all the games and around the 3rd quarter it's a mass exodus regardless of the score. Only exception is a nationally televised night game.
Day games, you have a pick of any section you want to sit in on the lower level by the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Regularly televised games for us are an embarrassment fanwise. Many announcers have mentioned all the Orange from empty seats around the stadium and wonder how that could be with such a talented team year in and year out.

It's always bothered me. It WASN'T that way at the Orange Bowl.
That is the price of corps. buying up all the inflated lower level seating though. You get large numbers of people who really could care less in attendance. It won't change. Too bad but true.
I think that is why northern blue collar towns like Pittsburgh, Green Bay etc. have always been known as great fans.
Their true fans buy all the tix and everyone there does care.
Their whole Sundays are focused on the event. They arrive early in the morning and leave well after the game ends.
One of my best friends is a long time Steeler fan and I've been to some of their games. BIG difference in atmosphere at those games and no one leaves unless the Steelers are getting slaughtered.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is just things to do in Miami to be honest with you.

Green Bay shuts down their whole are on Sundays.

Why? Well, I wonder ;\

Miami isn't all football all the time. It's not like a religion to some places where there isn't anything else to do but support a team.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

I asked that question on a Jets forum and got the answer that it might have to do with Media...

Okay, so I have a really stupid question. How the hemmoraging f$ck can teams have more than 100% attendance? If the stadiums can't fit all of the people I will be more than happy to take the cheeleaders off their hands. :bombyou:

Originally posted by FFiB

Wrong..both games were packed...no empty seat in the house...none.

Wrong again...PPS was designed by Joe Robbie with soccer in mind. He was a huge soccer and football fan. His dream was to have a world cup game hosted. PPS was designed in a way the typical english soccer stadium is designed. Look it up.

Lower level is lowin incline and the upper levels are steep to keep the fan close to the action.

Heh I remember when I was a kid I was a huge Ft Lauderdale Striker fan.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
There is just things to do in Miami to be honest with you.

Green Bay shuts down their whole are on Sundays.

Why? Well, I wonder ;\

Miami isn't all football all the time. It's not like a religion to some places where there isn't anything else to do but support a team.

maybe it should be! =P

Orange Bowl days were like a religion, it was amazing, I remember the charger dolphin double overtime game, I dont think a person left the stadium that night.

Back
Top Bottom