Some surprising stats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some surprising stats

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Chris Chambers is 4th in the AFC right now for recieving yds. He's tied for 1st with most TD's (3). He is ahead of both Moulds and Harrison in every statistical category... Ahhh, it feels good to finally have a solid recieving core back.

Like I said, McKnight should not be getting passes. Chambers should be our #1 go to guy recieving wise, then Ricky, then McMichael, then Thompson. We also have Konrad who is pretty much healed from his wrist injury. We have five guys who should be catching the ball before McKnight. We've tried throwing to this guy for three weeks and besides that first down he had last night, he has done NOTHING. He dropped an easy on in NYJ, and was the sole reason BUF had that INT for a TD last night.

McKnight showed his worth last night on the lone Bills touchdown. Horrible play and horrible attempt by McKnight to help Jay out

I don't totally agree with completely going away from Mcknight. There will be a few favorable matchups which it would be beneficial for our offense to exploit when he is on the field.
He will make his plays. I wouldn't totally discount him.

Another surprising stat ... Fiedler is 6th among AFC starters in QB rating. Granted, it's not a great QB rating, but it still qualifies as 6th!

Wanny stated in his press conference that the INT was Jay's fault....he said the hot read was to the other side of the field.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Coach W. said it was Jay's fault. He made the wrong read.

sorry, I was typing while you were submitting.

well, i wonder if mcnight would have made a better jump on that corner endzone throw instead of thompson.

Thomspon and McKnight both failed to impress me again. Thomspn had a few more catches but cost us fifteen yards with an unsportsmanlike conduct. He also missed his opportunity to get a TD by timing his jump wrong. I can't fault him for trying but at this point, he should no when to jump for a ball. It wasn't even close.

McKnight had the one catch but his read on the interception was bad. The hot route might have been on the other side of the field but watch that play again. By the Time Jay turns his head to look at the other side, it would have been gone. Whoever it was on the Bills who blitzed had a clean shot at him and Jay wa slooking right at him when the ball was snapped. He had no more time to look anywhere else. McKnight is supposed to pick up the blitz as well and break his route off. At the very least he should be aware of what his QB is doing when defenders are flying at him. It was a bad pass and a bad read which allowed the bad team to make a bad score. Bad play all around.

I'm still going to wait a bit longer to judge these guys..

Everyone is always picking on McK. Last night he made a catch for us to move the chains at the end of the game when we needed it. I don't know what the hell was up with the DT call.

I wonna see Tolver and Simmons get some playing time. Maybe play Simmons a bit(on offense) vs. the Giants, then Tolver vs. the Jags.

They didn't make too much of a mention of it but it came on Jay's first interception. I imagine he probably was roughing up a Bills defender who was trying to block him. All I know is that the ball would have been inside the ten and with his penalty, the Bills got it out past the twenty. Not that it mattered but still, It would have been nice to have had them backed up even more.

DT is playing fine, I know he got a unsportsman like foul, But it shows the guy has heart. I think he did a great job yesterday, besides it was his first real proformence as a dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom