Some Thoughts on the Halfway Point | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Thoughts on the Halfway Point

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins are about where I thought they'd be at the halfway point. Honestly, I expected more from the passing game and that has been the biggest disappointment. The secondary is also weaker than any of us probablly expected.

At the same time, at least some of the young players are getting a good baptism into the NFL. Ronnie Brown looks awesome, constantly breaking tackles and making something out of nothing. Imagine what he will do with some more offensive talent around him. Channing Crowder has been up and down, but had a terrific game yesterday making a game-changing play that helped keep Miami in it. Travis Daniels seems to be just a little late on a lot of plays. I'm not sure if he will end up being a long-term starter at cb, but could move to safety. The offensive line is improving, but the coaching staff is using a lot of quick drops, short passes and keeping McMichael in to block quite a bit. Imagine what McMichael could do if he was more involved in the passing game?

If Miami loses the next few games, I think the coaching staff should look at playing Wright at DT more, putting Alabi at LT in place of McIntosh and maybe even trying Lemon at quarterback. The year is quickly becoming important for developing players and finding out what the team has that could help in the future. Left tackle, quarterback and defensive tackle are three of the biggest needs, but why not find out what these players can do before making changes in the offseason?

My half way thoughts! We have 2 more wins than 1/2 way last year and the easier half of our schedule is coming up! And we are still in the hunt for the division!

LtDan said:
My half way thoughts! We have 2 more wins than 1/2 way last year and the easier half of our schedule is coming up! And we are still in the hunt for the division!

sounds pretty good to me

Back
Top Bottom