Something to say... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to say...

DOLBET

Starter
Reaction score
Hello, I don't post often. I post when I have to say something, not caring about post count.. :lol:

First of all, I really don't understand why Ricky Williams' retirement is compared to Barry Sanders' retirement.

Ricky retired becuase he find N.F.L. too strict regarding drug testing. That or he have enough money and he leave the sport because he don't love the sport at all. Dolphins build the team around Williams and give him a good contract. They strived for superbowl, adding talented players. And he screwed his team by retiring...

Barry Sanders loved football and he played his hardest. He aim to win, while Lions keep on trading away good players and adding so-so (STINKY) players. Barry had no offense and defense, that piss him off. At last game he played, after last play Barry kneeled down on field and cried beause he felt that Lions are screwing him. After that, he knew that he will not play for Lions again.
He was frustrated with Lions' owner and he asked to be traded because clearly Lions don't care for superbowl and he wants to be a champ before he retired. Lions denied his request and will not trade him. I believe Dolphins and 49ers offered Lions first round draft choice for Barry but Lions turn the offer down. Lions knew that he will retire instead of playing for them again but they chose to keep him and "forcing him to retire...." instead of trading him for some choicest draft choices. There are many teams salvating for Barry to play for their team.

Ricky choose to retire due to his drug and hobbies...

Barry choose to retire due to his team screwing him....

Not same... So, why are the writers and fans comparing Ricky to Barry??

I will buy if Ricky is compared to Jim Brown, but not Barry Sanders. That is a insult to Barry, in my opinion...

Kurt Cobain wanted to live forever like Jim Morrison so he killed himself just like is Idol at the same age. RW must have been a Barry Sanders fan. He retired in his prime and flew somewhere just like Sanders. :D

I believe Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Rick Williams all retire at same age... Not sure of that.

DOLBET said:
I believe Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Rick Williams all retire at same age... Not sure of that.
Nope but they all retired at their prime :D

Back
Top Bottom