Source: LB Maybin to sign with the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: LB Maybin to sign with the Jets

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Daily News has learned that free agent linebacker Aaron Maybin has decided to sign a deal with the Jets. He will put pen to paper later Wednesday after he takes a physical, according to a source.

Since Maybin is still getting guaranteed money from the Bills, the Jets likely put together a non-guaranteed contract for the former first-round pick.

The former first-round pick by the Bills was cut loose in Buffalo after two disappointing seasons. Although Maybin struggled to adapt to the Bills' 3-4 defense last year, sources close to the former Penn State star believe that he'll be able to succeed in Rex Ryan's multiple-front defense. Another source told the News that Ryan believes that Maybin, the 11th overall pick in 2009, will be able to fulfiill his potential as an edge pass rusher in passing situations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ck_of_the_buffalo_bills_to_sign_with_the.html

They let go of a bum to pick up the same player with a different name....

:idk:

Why is it a bad thing to sign him and see if he can rush the passer? He is absolutely no risk with how low his contract is.

Why is it a bad thing to sign him and see if he can rush the passer? He is absolutely no risk with how low his contract is.

You have to udnerstand the mentality of the average fan. If you pick up a player he is great, if a rival picks him up he sucks. if you want some entertainment check the archives about what the board was saying about Calvin pace when it was rumored he signed w/ Miami then check the comments by the same people after he signed w/ us.

You have to udnerstand the mentality of the average fan. If you pick up a player he is great, if a rival picks him up he sucks. if you want some entertainment check the archives about what the board was saying about Calvin pace when it was rumored he signed w/ Miami then check the comments by the same people after he signed w/ us.

I wanted Miami to sign Maybin and give him a look over just like the Jets appear to be doing. Doesn't mean he is going to make the 53, but why not take a look?

Exactly, what the hell does it hurt to sign him to a non guaranteed contract? If he fails we cut him and that's that.

No risk at all for the Jets. I wouldn't expect him to make the roster though. He couldn't stick with our D. The fact that he showed up to camp at 228 is a joke.

Also don't get over excited if he gets any preseason sacks. He had 2 in the preseason each of the last two years.

Still you never know, kid is 23 and just needs to grow up and take the game seriously.

No risk at all for the Jets. I wouldn't expect him to make the roster though. He couldn't stick with our D. The fact that he showed up to camp at 228 is a joke.

Also don't get over excited if he gets any preseason sacks. He had 2 in the preseason each of the last two years.

Still you never know, kid is 23 and just needs to grow up and take the game seriously.

Hopefully a change of scenery will do him some good.

I'm surprised the Pats didn't sign him. He fits them a lot better.

Had a strip sack in his first game, in one game he showed more tha Gholston in 3 years so that is a positive.

He did a strip sack in a preseason game against Detroit with the Bills too. Preseason means nothing. Put him up against 1st line talent and he is marginalized. Expect the Jets to cut him in the final cuts, or burn a roster spot for a year to see if anything is there to work with.

He did a strip sack in a preseason game against Detroit with the Bills too. Preseason means nothing. Put him up against 1st line talent and he is marginalized. Expect the Jets to cut him in the final cuts, or burn a roster spot for a year to see if anything is there to work with.

Maybin did this with only 4 days in Rex's system.He doesn't even understand the defense yet.I believe he is about to blossom under Rex's tutelage.

Maybin did this with only 4 days in Rex's system.He doesn't even understand the defense yet.I believe he is about to blossom under Rex's tutelage.

He also held out his rookie year. He had ONE preseason game experience before he had a strip sack against Detroit in 2009 PS. I can guarantee he didn't understand the D in 2009. I expect him to fail, and bad, but best of luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom