Source: Miami Dolphins like Kouandjio in first round; plan to move Misi to inside lin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Miami Dolphins like Kouandjio in first round; plan to move Misi to inside lin

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Although Notre Dame tackle/guard Zack Martin is the popular name to go to the Dolphins with the No. 19 overall pick, a source with knowledge of the situation tells the Palm Beach Post that Miami general manager Dennis Hickey prefers Alabama tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.

The Dolphins would also consider Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan. But Lewan will likely be off the board and the Dolphins prefer Kouandjio to Virginia tackle Morgan Moses. Miami could even consider drafting Kouandjio if Lewan is available.
“Dennis has got a love for Kouandjio and he should be sitting there for them,” the source said.

While there’s been recent speculation that the Dolphins would consider Alabama’s C.J. Mosley or another linebacker early, the source said the Dolphins are not planning to draft a linebacker. Instead, Miami is planning to move Koa Misi to inside linebacker. Dannell Ellerbe would move to weakside linebacker and Philip Wheeler would become the strongside linebacker.

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...si-to-inside-linebacker/#sthash.CbCqc0VR.dpuf

"If Miami gets a receiver as high as the second round, it could mean the end for receiver Brian Hartline after the 2014 season, the source said." Hartline's salary in 2014 is guaranteed, but he becomes a viable cap casualty after the 2014 season.

Although the Dolphins are thinking offense, they would consider a cornerback and safety later in the draft, the source said. They also are high on Alabama defensive end Ed Stinson, a 6-foot-3, 287-pound tweener-type who is projected as a mid-round draft pick.

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...si-to-inside-linebacker/#sthash.CbCqc0VR.dpuf

I like Kouandijio, but would like him far more with 2nd pick. He has dropped much the same as Keenan Allen did last year and in my mind he will be a steal in 2nd.

Same article already in main section, my bad. I like Kouandjio as a pure RT, if his knee checked out as good with Dr. Andrews I'm ok with the pick. He was considered a top 15-20 pick before the knee report, but on top of that players fluctuate anyway as per ratings from draftniks. What matters is the player, an in my opinion he's a darned good RT. Powerful player with enough mobility for RT- maybe not the potential LT guy that I was thinking earlier, but he'd fit right in for us on the right side. This whole "source" article could be a big smokescreen pile of bs anyway, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom