Spielman just doing it for spite | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman just doing it for spite

Chuckenice

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If it's true, and Ricky can play this season, and Oakland wants to give us a first round pick , lets try and work something out. Like maybe a first and some money or something.

I say the sooner we get rid of this guy the better, if we just let him sit there for two years (or however long it takes), how does that help our team? I understand Spielman and everyone else is pissed at Ricky, but it's about winning and doing what's best for our team.

If Speilman makes this personal, he's hurting our team just to hurt Ricky and that's not doing us any good. So I say let's get as much as we can without losing the trade.

There is no way Oakland gives us two first rounders for at least a two time offender of the drug policy, he's just doing it to spite Ricky at the cost of our team.

So lets get WHAT WE CAN and be done with him.

GO-DOLPHINS

Sure, and then the next "high" profile Dolphins player who is bound by contract but wants to play somewhere else can just "retire" until we trade him like we did for Ricky.

As much as I believe in "doing it for the principle", I think the best choice the Dolphins have right now is to trade Williams for whatever (if anything) they can get.

It's not like we are really strong on offense right now, and if we can get anything (I can't stress that enough - ANYTHING) for him, hell, why not do it? Even a 3rd WR would do... The way I see, we just cannot afford to go into the season without a solid #2 - if nothing else, to take the double teams off of Chambers.

I'm not going to sit here and talking about morals, or principals

I WILL however talk about aking one for the team. THe dolphins need to hold onto ricky. What's to stop ANY other player from retiring to get a trade to another team? Lions took one for the team wtih Barry, and it's our turn with Ricky. Either we get good enough compenation for him, or he stays retired.

Also consider the VALUE of ricky.

If RIcky plays he IS no doubt a franchise player. Which means teams give up a first a third, AND pay a huge salary (top 5 in the league I believe). Now, NO ONE will be paying this guy a huge long term salary for his services after what he just pulled.

That's why no one took O-gun. No one will give up a first a third, AND the contract he was wanting.

Ricky is worth a first and a third, and a huge contract. THey'll pay him cheap if he wants to come back, which means they give up more to us.

He can't play this seaosn, the suspension being taken away is for next season, he already filed his retirement papers so he can't play this year.

Even though he has filed, I thought I understood he could still come back some way or another this year, although I may have misunderstood. No matter, I say if we do get rid of him, it is on our terms like Speil says and we get what WE want out of him or leave him sitting !

Chuckenice said:
If it's true, and Ricky can play this season, and Oakland wants to give us a first round pick , lets try and work something out. Like maybe a first and some money or something.

I say the sooner we get rid of this guy the better, if we just let him sit there for two years (or however long it takes), how does that help our team? I understand Spielman and everyone else is pissed at Ricky, but it's about winning and doing what's best for our team.

If Speilman makes this personal, he's hurting our team just to hurt Ricky and that's not doing us any good. So I say let's get as much as we can without losing the trade.

There is no way Oakland gives us two first rounders for at least a two time offender of the drug policy, he's just doing it to spite Ricky at the cost of our team.

So lets get WHAT WE CAN and be done with him.

GO-DOLPHINS

clear.gif

I don't have a problem if the Dolphins trade @$$crack (RW's) ......

But I want 2 #1's and a starter,, in the Raiders case J Fargas !!!!!

And THAT would be from ANY team that wants his pot smokin-@$$ !!

If ANY team (including the Faiders) doesn't think Williams is worth that compensation then the (all time QUITTER) can watch from the sidelines imo ....

:D

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom