Spielman Q&A up ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman Q&A up ...

Boy, that's about the least controversial Q&A I've ever read...:lol:

Thanks for the heads up that the Q&A was available. You are correct though, nothing very new.

all he says for every question someone asks about a player is "we are very excited about player x. he has had an excellent mini camp. he fits perfectly in our offensive/defensive scheme. we look forward to his contribution in training camp."

Well, least now we know that they are actually serious about monitoring Brock Lesnar. Looks like Jerman or Whitley really will be the starting RG (not St Clair as some, myself included, assumed). Funny how he said they wanted to add as many talented QBs to the roster as possible when they got Feeley. Sounds to me like he was planning on jettisoning Fiedler and grabbing one of the guys that got released late, to face off with Feeley for the starting job....Wanny really did pull a move to keep Fiedler on the roster.

at least he answered my question

Dave from Stamford, CT 6/7/2004

Q. Rick, Looking back, how much different was the draft for you this year than last year now that you are the General Manager ? Thanks, Dave

A. The mechanics and logistics of the draft were the same as we had done in the past. We just had less people in the draft room. That made it less hectic.

LOL... that was funny. I think Rick is definitely ready for politics. He answered a bunch of questions without ever really answering anything! =)

And here I was wondering why he didn't answer my question...the one that called him a clown and Wanny a bumbling idiot of a head coach....Darnit!!!

How in the world can EVERONE HAVE A GREAT OFFSEASON!!! I just dont get it could he have been any more vague?

Fins2theend said:
How in the world can EVERONE HAVE A GREAT OFFSEASON!!! I just dont get it could he have been any more vague?

Maybe he could have been more vague and maybe he couldn't have been. :roflmao:

This is what all GM/Coaches say during the offseason. It's too early to make any final decisions, the players haven't even put the pads on yet. All they can say is "so and so is having a very productive offseason". He'll give you answers on why he did things in the past, but he's not going to tell you anything about their future plans.

miamirick said:
And here I was wondering why he didn't answer my question...the one that called him a clown and Wanny a bumbling idiot of a head coach....Darnit!!!
I learned my lesson about asking questions of players/FO that I know they will not answer. Now I always ask PC questions, that can be answered with lame answers.

The only answer that scare me was that Whitney was actually in the running to start at RG..no way from where he was last year to this year can he even remotely be ready for that. Let Yates compete there if anyone or sign Nails back up.

MDFINFAN said:
The only answer that scare me was that Whitney was actually in the running to start at RG..no way from where he was last year to this year can he even remotely be ready for that. Let Yates compete there if anyone or sign Nails back up.

Oh come on now, Whitley could of made huge strides in a year. Jamie Nails got serious, and became a stud at LG for us in one year. He then injured himself and promptly got released, but a year is plenty of time to get both stronger, and learn the game a lot better from a NFL coaches perspective.

Just re-evealuate him during T.C., and the pre-season. You may be surprised.

RS on the Offensive line- "The only way they are going to get better is to get the reps and play together through training camp and the preseason."

I'm happy that this season they finally committed. It's just too easy to stick with the "average" veterans.

Back
Top Bottom