Spikes & Mclain fail to impress ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spikes & Mclain fail to impress !

mmikel30

Starter
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
All the hype around these to backers on here...wow ! you would think a top ten pick would shine in a big game. the bama o-line is impressive so is mark Ingram and j shipley but McClain looks mediocre at best against the Texas D how is he gonna look aginst the jets O-line ?

I agree i think he is going to be good but he didnt impress tonight IMO

He plays against the Texas offense and you must not be watching the same game. He is a stud.
if that's stud linebacker play were in trouble ! he had a good screen read and a tipped ball other than that ....nada!

I've watched some videos on him, hes great for containment but I am not sure if I completely like him.

Spikes seemed to be a lot more productive... But we'll see. I am no talent scout.

what did he do wrong?? I dont see missed tackels..

I didnt get to watch the game and dont know much about alabama's scheme but if a MLB isnt racking up tackles somethings probably not going right.

He started the game hot but cooled down about mid-way and didn't have his name called late.

Early in the game I was ready to start a posts wanting Parcells to trade up for him. Will he be a good linebacker in the NFL? Yes. A leader on defense for whomever drafts him? He is in college so most likely. Did this game help his stock? I really don't think so and it may even drop him a couple of spots.

mcclain impressed me a lot. he looked great. not sure what you were watching but he was involved in almost every play.

To me he was always around the ball. Always paying attention and making smart moves. He definitely looks better against the pass than our current linebackers. And the commentators kept raving about how smart he is. After a season of Teddy Ginn I want more smart players on the team.

To me he was always around the ball. Always paying attention and making smart moves. He definitely looks better against the pass than our current linebackers. And the commentators kept raving about how smart he is. After a season of Teddy Ginn I want more smart players on the team.
Smarts have nothing to do with Ted Ginn's hands

the guy made more plays TONIGHT than channing crowder has made in his career it seems...lol

but he didn't impress???

the guy made more plays TONIGHT than channing crowder has made in his career it seems...lol

but he didn't impress???
really you are going to go off of what channing crowder has done in his career and still argue that he didnt impress because he played better then crowder would have? my mom could play better then crowder and that doesnt mean she is going to be a good NFL player

really you are going to go off of what channing crowder has done in his career and still argue that he didnt impress because he played better then crowder would have? my mom could play better then crowder and that doesnt mean she is going to be a good NFL player

meh...you're boring me

mcclain is a heck of a player and he's 6 ft 4 and 258 lbs

think about that for a little while...and mcclain has EXCELLENT instincts

I think we need to take what we saw tonight with a grain of salt. Texas had a looong time to prepare and gameplan for Alabama and its playmakers on defense. I'm sure players on the Texas O were keying in on him the whole night. I don't think I saw a pass thrown at Arenas all night with the exception of when Shipley adjusted his route right as Arenas was turning his hips. I did see McClain bust up a few run plays and a WR screen. On top of that, he's got the last name of the main character from Die Hard. That has to count for something.

Back
Top Bottom